He added: "I'm ready to go to 500".
In a taped interview with the business channel CNBC, Trump said "I'm willing to go to 500", referring roughly to the $505.5 billion in goods imported past year from China.
FILE PHOTO: Shipping containers are seen at a port in Shanghai, China July 10, 2018. The United States then disputed the retaliatory tariffs at the World Trade Organization on Monday, along with those the European Union, Canada, Mexico and Turkey imposed in response to new USA duties on steel and aluminum. "I'm doing this to do the right thing for our country", Trump said in a CNBC interview aired Friday.
Mobile Tops OpenSignal Download Ratings as All Four Carriers Gain Speed
When analyzing fastest carriers, Ookla considers all carriers with 3% or more of total test samples in the market for the period. For now, T-Mobile's investment in LTE has made them the fastest carrier in the USA and Verizon Wireless is close behind.
Trump has been threatening to levy tariffs on European auto manufacturers in a bid to force more production into the US.
After weeks of apparently fruitless negotiations, the United States early this month imposed 25 per cent tariffs on approximately US$34 billion of Chinese mechanical and technological products - sparking an immediate response from Beijing, which said it would hit back dollar for dollar. Tariffs on another $16 billion of electronics and components are scheduled and the Trump administration has threatened to target another $200 billion of Chinese products with tariffs, a move that would raise prices for Americans and hurt China's economy.
"The problem here is Xi. He doesn't want to move, and they've offered the USA absolutely.no options regarding the issue of (intellectual property) theft and forced technology transfer", Kudlow said in an interview with the news outlet.
On Friday, the Axios news website reported that Kudlow had said Trump was "not going to let go" of the trade issue. China has called the comments distorted and bogus.
- Japan deal is hailed as boost for European Union agri-food sector
- Missouri mom accused of letting men rape her 2-year-old daughter
- Transfer: Chelsea agree to sell Hazard to Real Madrid for £170m
- Historians say Trump upends norms of presidential behaviour
- USA rejects Putin's request to question ex-US envoy
- Trump 'ready' to tax all Chinese imports
- Mr. Putin Goes To Washington
- Democrats want Jon Huntsman Jr. to testify about Helsinki summit
- EU Commission calls on members to step up Brexit preparations
- Thomas gains time but stands behind Froome