Police say a woman from England was hospitalized after being impaled by a beach umbrella at the Jersey Shore Monday afternoon.
The Asbury Park Press reported that the umbrella pierced her right ankle and was completely driven through because of the "force of the wind".
Ricardo Zepeda witnessed the accident, while tanning at the beach less than three metres away from the incident.
"There was a strong gust of wind, there were a couple umbrellas flying", he wrote.
New Trailer Arrives For Bohemian Rhapsody
The film traces the meteoric rise of the band through their iconic songs and revolutionary sound. Bohemian Rhapsody rocks your world on November 2.
"It looked like five inches came out the other side of her leg", he said, adding the spike appeared to be about 2 inches wide.
Margaret Reynolds, from London, was at Seaside Heights in New Jersey when part of the beach umbrella went through her leg.
After a fire crew rescued Ms Reynolds, she was put in an ambulance to Jersey Shore University Medical Centre in Neptune. where she was recovering late on Tuesday.
Detective Korman said it was the assistant fire chief, William Rumbolo, who eventually cut the umbrella stretcher from the frame and dislodged it from Ms Reynold's right ankle.
- Jeff Bezos becomes "richest in modern history" as Amazon workers strike
- No Man’s Sky finally gets multiplayer with NEXT update
- Liverpool Make Official Bid For Roma Keeper Alisson
- Obama, in Rebuke to Trump, Warns That ‘Strongman Politics Are Ascendant’
- CVS workers fired after cops called on Chicago customer
- Beyoncé & Jay Z Deliver First "Apeshit" Performance at Paris Concert
- Evan Blass leaks a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 render
- Boeing gets $3.9 billion contract for new Air Force One jets
- Man who walked 20 miles to work gifted CEO's personal vehicle
- Chelsea offered chance to re-sign Petr Cech from Arsenal