"I'm very happy to be here".
The 26-year-old scored eight goals and made seven assists in 36 Premier League games for the Potters last season but could not prevent them from dropping down to the Championship.
Liverpool are closing in on a deal for Shaqiri while Stoke City have asked for Ojo to be included in the transfer.
"On his day yes (he would be a good signing) but he couldn't keep his team up", Le Tissier wrote on his personal Twitter account.
Liverpool had an excellent season last time out, finishing in the top four and reaching the Champions League final.
The left-footed wide man possess great strength and long-range shooting, while his low centre of gravity makes him a nightmare for defenders to deal with.
China's trade surplus widens in June as imports drop
The ministry encouraged companies to increase import of soybean, soymeal, vehicles, aquatic products from other markets. China's trade surplus with the United States has grown to a record high of almost $29 billion in June.
The Switzerland global completed his medical today after returning from the World Cup in Russian Federation.
'He joins a dressing room of really good lads and I know they will welcome him with open arms and help him settle and integrate quickly'. "It's a huge club with big history, big players and a fantastic coach (Jurgen Klopp)", said Shaqiri.
'He has speed and ability, has the right amount of arrogance on the football pitch, real bravery to want the ball and influence things. To play for us these are mandatory requirements. I'm really happy I'm finally here.
"We are the ideal move for him in this moment as well I think, because he needs to push himself and challenge himself and our environment encourages that".
"A few years ago I wanted to come too but it didn't happen".
Shaqiri has expressed his excitement to work under a man who commands high-intensity football, having admired manager Jurgen Klopp's style from when he was playing for Bayern Munich against a Klopp led Borussia Dorrmund.
- Monsanto Lawsuit Over Cancer Claims Can Proceed, Federal Judge Rules
- Wild scenes at Russia-probe hearing as Federal Bureau of Investigation agent and Republicans clash
- Scarlett johansson's Black Widow movie gets a director - find out who
- France star Griezmann doesn't care about Courtois' criticism
- Trump to 'Firmly' Ask Putin About Russia's US Election Meddling
- Ford government 'declaring war on the modern world', says Schreiner
- Barcelona sign €35m Lenglet from Sevilla
- Israel to launch its first spacecraft to the moon
- Trump ready to help some North Atlantic Treaty Organisation states buy US arms
- Coming up: Partial solar eclipse on Friday the 13th