The last time there were three freshman series in the top comedy category was 2010 (Modern Family, Glee and Nurse Jackie).
The newbie comedies aced out long-time Emmy favorite "Modern Family", a five-time victor and perennial nominee since it debuted in 2009 on ABC.
"I share this moment with my community", Oh said in a statement.
Markle's name was submitted for "Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series" for her role as Rachel Zane on "Suits", but the newly-minted royal wasn't nominated. "I think my mother at this moment may actually be satisfied". "This is the most diverse class of performer nominees we've had - we're nearly up to a third, which is fantastic", Maury McIntyre, TV academy president. NBC topped the broadcast tally with 78 nominations, fueled by 21 bids for "Saturday Night Live", still on a satiric tear against the Trump administration. Keep reading to find out all the lucky stars who were nominated for the 2018 Emmys.
Nets Trade Jeremy Lin to the Hawks
Now, Lin will have to find room in Atlanta, where point guard Dennis Schroder was the Hawks' leading scorer last season. Faried, 28, played in 32 games (seven starts) for Denver last season, averaging 5.9 points and 4.8 rebounds.
Sterling K. Brown and Donald Glover aren't such Emmy outliers this year. Thursday's nomination puts his total at seven, breaking the record for most nominated performer in this category. But can it possibly catch up to Saturday Night Live's 64 Emmys by the time season 8 is over?
HBO's fantasy dragons-and-swords saga is a two-time best drama victor that sat out the last year's Emmys because of its production schedule. This year, the only actors with Emmy nods are the Lannister siblings: Lena Headey (Cersei) and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime) also stand to win little golden statues.
The Hulu series, which is set in a dystopian MA, earned 20 nominations, including a repeat nomination for the victor of last year's Supporting Actress in a Drama Series award, Holyoke native Ann Dowd.
The nominees for best drama series were The Handmaid's Tale; Game of Thrones; This Is Us; The Crown; The Americans; Stranger Things; and Westworld. Other nominees in the category include Jason Bateman ("Ozark"), Ed Harris ("Westworld") and Matthew Rhys ("The Americans"). It got one nomination in 2015, three in 2016, four in 2017 and five in 2018, including best comedy series, best actor in a comedy series for Anthony Anderson and best actress in a comedy series for Tracee Ellis Ross.
- Coming up: Partial solar eclipse on Friday the 13th
- Chelsea believe appointing Sarri will help keep trio, Sun say
- Husband finds bodies of wife, mechanic in auto
- Surprise! Kate Middleton makes appearance with royal family at RAF celebration
- Sea Shepherd: Icelandic Whalers Slaughter Blue Whale
- China's trade surplus widens in June as imports drop
- Iranian Supreme Leader's Adviser Hails 'Very Constructive' Meeting With Putin
- First Human Case of West Nile Virus Reported for 2018
- Trump to 'Firmly' Ask Putin About Russia's US Election Meddling
- Heinrich: Trump Administration's Health Care Sabotage Will Increase Premiums For New Mexicans