Putin's spokesman, Dmitry Peskov, said that Velayati handed Putin letters from Khamenei and Iranian President Hassan Rohani, but refused to elaborate.
Ali Akbar Velayati, foreign policy adviser to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, talked with Iranian television to discuss his latest trip to Russian Federation to meet with President Vladimir Putin. Washington says it will reimpose sanctions and has told other countries to halt all imports of Iranian oil from November 4 or face U.S. financial measures.
"Qassemi said after Trump's "strategic mistake" to exit the multilateral and worldwide accord, Iran chose to dispatch a number of its special representatives" to other countries to "carry messages of high-ranking" Iranian officials about the country's viewpoints and stance on the "selfish" USA behavior which runs counter to worldwide regulations.
Russian Federation has been Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's key ally in the seven-year-long civil war.
The Iranian spokesperson explained that Velayati's visit to Moscow was in line with such a policy and noted that he would also travel to China.
Trump arrives in Britain, questions May’s Brexit plan
For those of you fortunate enough to have missed it, it behooves us to inform you that Donald Trump is in town. Vickers added: "He would be wise not to attempt to kiss her, and I don't expect for a moment that he will".
Touching upon nuclear cooperation, Velayati said that a 1000-MW reactor have been established in Iran with the help of Russian Federation and two other reactors are under construction.
Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi said on Tuesday that Velayati's visit was part of efforts to make Iran's stance clear after the United States pullout from the JCPOA signed between Tehran and the P5+1 group of countries in 2015.
Apart from the United States, the other signatories to the 2015 Iran nuclear deal - Russia, China, Germany, France and Britain - have said they still support the accord. Asked about Netanyahu's visit, Velayati said: "His presence or absence in Russian Federation has no effect on our strategic mission in Moscow".
While Israel has warned Syria against its relationship with Iran, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Thursday he "had no problem with the Assad regime" as long as the Syrian leader held up his end of the 1974 agreement.
A senior advisor to Iran's Leader says the country's military presence in Syria does not hinge on what Israel wants. He said Iran and Russian Federation will maintain their military presence in Syria to make sure terrorists will not resurge.
- Coming up: Partial solar eclipse on Friday the 13th
- Downton Abbey movie going into production later this summer
- Monsanto Lawsuit Over Cancer Claims Can Proceed, Federal Judge Rules
- Donald Trump describes Boris Johnson as future PM and attacks Sadiq Khan
- Tesla sells 200,000th vehicle , starting phaseout of federal tax credits
- Scarlett johansson's Black Widow movie gets a director - find out who
- Surprise! Kate Middleton makes appearance with royal family at RAF celebration
- Sea Shepherd: Icelandic Whalers Slaughter Blue Whale
- Xherdan Shaqiri: First official snaps of new Liverpool star wearing the kit
- Roger Federer, Serena Williams sail into Wimbledon quarterfinals