Thibaut Courtois was extremely critical of the style of football played by France in their World Cup semi final, however, Antoine Griezmann has questioned whether or not the stopper feels he plays Barcelona football at Chelsea.
France could well replicate their 1998 heroics against Croatia in Sunday's final but received plenty of criticism from Belgium players, including Courtois, in relation to their tactics and how they picked up the victory.
"Zinedine Zidane is a legend and football icon and Griezmann is on his way to becoming one too", he said in the official FIFA press conference.
'Their striker plays 30 metres from his own goal.
After the match Courtois and fellow Belgium star Eden Hazard expressed their disappointment at how France had conducted themselves. France heads a corner and does nothing more than defend.
I could do one thing and it was to play football.
Roger Federer, Serena Williams sail into Wimbledon quarterfinals
In Giorgi, Williams was facing an opponent who was young (26), strong and playing, perhaps, the best tennis of her career. Williams is the big favorite to win an eighth Wimbledon title with all of the top-10 seeded women already knocked out.
Pogba put in his latest assured display of a quietly impressive tournament at Russian Federation 2018 as Samuel Umtiti's header downed Belgium 1-0 in St Petersburg on Tuesday.
He said: "Does Thibaut Courtois think that at Chelsea he plays Barcelona football?"
Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann replied on Friday when he suggested that he'd be happy to win the World Cup by any means possible.
France will face surprise package Croatia in the final of the World Cup, which takes place at the Luzhniki Stadium on Sunday.
"I don't want to prove nothing to nobody", he said.
- First Human Case of West Nile Virus Reported for 2018
- Tesla sells 200,000th vehicle , starting phaseout of federal tax credits
- China's trade surplus widens in June as imports drop
- Monsanto Lawsuit Over Cancer Claims Can Proceed, Federal Judge Rules
- Donald Trump describes Boris Johnson as future PM and attacks Sadiq Khan
- Antonio Conte: Chelsea sack Italian after two years in charge
- Twitter purge means fewer followers for Trump, Obama, Justin Bieber
- Trump to 'Firmly' Ask Putin About Russia's US Election Meddling
- Ancient tomb discovered on construction site
- Trump arrives in Britain, questions May’s Brexit plan