Cristiano Ronaldo's possible obsession with being better than Lionel Messi may have motivated him to join Juventus, according to former Manchester United team-mate Ryan Giggs. Ronaldo's signing will take the Juventus brand to new heights.
Ryan Giggs has spent a considerable amount of time with the five-time Ballon d'Or victor and knows him personally and, therefore, his words carry some weight.
Workers at the auto company's Melfi plant in southern Italy will walk off the job at 10 p.m. Sunday and remain on strike until 6 p.m. Tuesday, BBC News reported.
Downton Abbey movie going into production later this summer
The series won three Golden Globe Awards, 15 Primetime Emmys (out of 69 nominations in total) and a special BAFTA. We're finally getting that " Downton Abbey " movie that fans have long wanted.
Privato said the money spent to bring Ronaldo to Italy's Serie A soccer league should have been spent on "car models that guarantee the futures of thousands of people, rather than enriching only one".
The strike is due to start Sunday night although USB is a minor union in Melfi where main auto union CGIL-Fiom told AFP it was "not interested" in downing tools.
Meanwhile, football finance expert Rob Wilson, of Sheffield Hallam University, believes Juventus stand to gain more from the transfer considering Ronaldo's market value and performances on the pitch.
He leaves as Los Blancos' all-time top scorer and a four-time Champions League victor with the team he joined from Manchester United in 2009.
- Theresa May government publishes white paper on Brexit
- Trump says committed to North Atlantic Treaty Organisation as allies agree to boost defense spending
- Canada to head up NATO training mission in Iraq
- University of Louisville drops Papa John's name from stadium
- Johnson & Johnson ordered to pay $4.69 billion in talcum powder lawsuit
- Israel gets set to land spacecraft on the moon
- Russian Federation complains FYROM being sucked into North Atlantic Treaty Organisation by force
- France star Griezmann doesn't care about Courtois' criticism
- Surprise! Kate Middleton makes appearance with royal family at RAF celebration
- 70 killed in attack at election rally in Pakistan's Quetta