She also allegedly grabbed an undercover officer's face and pressed it between her breasts, CNN reports.
Avenatti, Daniels' awyer, took to Twitter early Thursday, calling the arrest "a setup & politically motivated". They say two other strippers, who were also arrested, were the first offenders - with one of them motorboating and groping Officer Praither. "We will fight all bogus charges", Avenatti said.
She was booked under a 10-year-old state law known as the Community Defense Act that says dancers at "sexually oriented" businesses are prohibited from touching customers and vice versa.
Daniels will return to the same venue in Columbus Thursday night for another performance.
Mr Avenatti wrote: "This was a setup & politically motivated".
The high-powered attorney claims the arrest was "part of a sting" based on a "puritan law" that says there is absolutely no touching in strip clubs in Columbus.
Heroic welcome for Thai Navy SEAL team after Tham Luang success
Volanthen said Saman's death last Friday had brought a "bittersweet" taste to an otherwise "excellent" operation. The group survived by drinking water that dripped off the stalactites and the cave walls, rescue officials said.
The complaint identifies Daniels by her real name, Stephanie Clifford. After the charges were dismissed, Avenatti said Daniels would seek to perform at another club in Columbus on Thursday night.
Michael Avenatti, lawyer of adult-film actress Stormy Daniels speaks to media as he exits court in New York, May 30, 2018.Adult film actress Stormy Daniels speaks outside federal court in New York, April 16, 2018.
Columbus Police Chief Kim Jacobs said officers at the club missed that element of the law.
A Columbus police spokeswoman didn't immediately respond to a message seeking comment.
Daniels' lawyer, Michael Avenatti, told MSNBC his client has performed the same act hundreds of times without incident. He initially said he used his own money to pay Daniels and was not reimbursed by Trump.
Since signing the agreement, Daniels has repeatedly denied having sexual relations with Trump, however she gave an interview to InTouch magazine in 2011 detailing their alleged affair.
Daniels has been embroiled in a legal controversy with Trump over their alleged 2006 encounter, which he has repeatedly denied.
- Amesbury poisoning: Novichok source revealed as small bottle
- Heinrich: Trump Administration's Health Care Sabotage Will Increase Premiums For New Mexicans
- Trump Refuses CNN’s Acosta Pleas
- Brent leads crude prices higher as Norway oil workers prepare to strike
- Treyarch Reveals Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s Beta Dates and Times
- Johnson & Johnson ordered to pay $4.69 billion in talcum powder lawsuit
- Djokovic edges ahead of Nadal in semi-final thriller
- ‘World’s Ugliest Dog’ Zsa Zsa dies at 9 years old
- 70 killed in attack at election rally in Pakistan's Quetta
- Netflix top of the heap as platform leads networks with Emmy nominations