Fujian's flood control office estimated the storm inflicted 547 million yuan (US$82 million) in economic losses on the province, including 76 million yuan in damage to water infrastructure, state-run news agency Xinhua reported.
Torrential rain hit parts of Taiwan on Tuesday night even as the island nation escaped the impact of Typhoon Maria that officials were expecting, AFP reported. More than 6,800 people are on standby for rescue missions or to fix damage.
Fujian has ordered all fishing boats to return to harbor by Tuesday noon and workers at offshore fish farms were required to return to land by 6 p.m.
China Airlines and Eva Airways, Taiwan's two largest carriers, canceled many flights and warned more could be delayed because of the typhoon.
Typhoon Maria, the eighth this year, made landfall at around 9:10 a.m. Wednesday in Lianjiang County, east China's Fujian Province, bringing gales of up to 42 meters per second at its eye, according to local meteorological authorities.
Barcelona prioritising Hazard signing over Tottenham playmaker Eriksen
Eden Hazard has used the platform perfectly, turning in some seriously impressive displays for Belgium in Russian Federation .
The center said a total of 3,430 people had evacuated their homes in nine cities and counties by Wednesday morning to avoid landslides triggered by heavy rainfall.
Fourteen national forest recreational areas across Taiwan closed during Typhoon Maria have been reopened after the typhoon had moved away from the island, the Forestry Bureau said in a press release on Wednesday.
Coastal areas were evacuated and roughly 600 boats returned to harbour.
Typhoons normally hit Taiwan, China, Japan, the Philippines and Vietnam from June through November each year.
For the sake of safety during Typhoon Maria, the Forestry Bureau closed 14 forest recreational areas on Juy 10.
- Riyad Mahrez unconcerned by Manchester City competition: 'I never thought about that'
- Judge again delays sentencing for Michael Flynn, Trump's former national security advisor
- Injuries Reported After Plane Crashes With 11 People Aboard in Alaska
- Chu Ready to Adapt Thai Rescue Story
- Croatia beats England to qualify for their first World Cup final
- Ahead Of Nawaz Sharif's Arrival In Pakistan Today, Gag Order On Media
- Tottenham Set to Obstruct Arsenal Transfer Plans for Barcelona Midfielder Andre Gomes
- London awaits Trump's visit, braces for protests
- Fire rekindles at Glass Nickel Pizza in Sun Prairie
- Pro-choice, LGBT advocates call for rejection of Kavanaugh