Stoke have accepted a bid of just over £13.5m for the forward, after Liverpool met the release clause valuation in Shaqiri's contract.
All going well with the medical, the deal should be confirmed by Liverpool soon after - allowing Shaqiri to join up with his new teammates on their pre-season tour of the United States.
The 26-year-old scored eight times for Stoke last season and registered a further seven assists in the Premier League, but he was unable to help them avoid relegation to the second tier.
Surging Martin climbs 'the wall' to earn stage victory
Greg Van Avermaet retains the yellow jersey and remains first in the general classification for the fourth consecutive stage. Ireland's Daniel Martin celebrates as he crosses the finish line to win the sixth stage of the Tour de France .
Liverpool have also had public interest in Nabil Fekir, but negotiations have fallen quiet with Shaqiri seen as alternative option.
That said, sporting director Michael Edwards won't return to talks with Lyon if they are won't budge from the previously agreed £53 million deal.
The England goalkeeper is now in Russian Federation with the England squad as they prepare for the third-place Play-Off in the FIFA World Cup, and Butland is expected to be given his chance as Jordan Pickford takes a well earned rest.
- Tornado Destroys Parts of RV Park in North Dakota
- Israeli Firms Plan Mission to the Moon this December
- Trump says North Atlantic Treaty Organisation members agreed to meet spending commitments
- California woman arrested in beating of 92-year-old man
- Hurricane Chris still speeding, now a Category 2 storm
- Here’s the heartwarming story of why the Gboard Morse Code option exists
- Unpiloted Russian Cargo Ship Reaches Space Station In Record Time
- Ronaldo's Juve move sparks strike in Italy
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation summit: Trump hails alliance spending promises after crisis meeting
- Armless Miami man charged with stabbing Chicago tourist