The studio has reportedly set Cate Shortland, the Australian filmmaker known for dramas like Somersault, Lore, and Berlin Syndrome, to direct the standalone superhero adventure. Last month that search managed to narrow things down to a key group of frontrunners who included Shortland, Amma Asante (Belle), Maggie Betts (Novitiate), Melanie Laurent (Galveston), and Kimberly Pierce (Boys Don't Cry). "Her most recent film was Berlin Syndrome, a 2017 thriller that starred Teresa Palmer".
The film is one of several female-centric Marvel properties is either developing or in production on now, including "Captain Marvel" starring Brie Larson.
NBA Free Agent Rumors: Isaiah Thomas Agrees To Contract With Nuggets
He suited up in 17 games for the Lakers before hip surgery ended a season in which he shot just 37.3 percent from the field. The Kings selected Thomas in the second round (60th overall) in the 2011 draft out of the University of Washington.
According to THR, Marvel Studios met with over 70 potential directors before hiring Shortland. As one of the few movies we know about that will be released by Marvel post-Avengers 4, we're personally quite curious to see what the studio and Shortland can come up with.
Little is known about the plot of the Black Widow film, although industry rumour suggests it will explore events in a time period before the first Avengers movie. The film reunites Johansson with her Ghost in the Shell director Rupert Sanders. Not long ago, Shortland was rumored to be up for the position, but now it has been confirmed she will helm the Black Widow solo film. Since then, she has appeared in The Avengers (2012), Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014), Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015), Captain America: Civil War (2016) and Avengers: Infinity War (2018).
- Israel to launch its first spacecraft to the moon
- Croatia to Wear Red & White Checkers in World Cup Final
- 'A great meeting': Trump wants North Atlantic Treaty Organisation allies to double defence spending
- Shaqiri cuts holiday short to complete Liverpool move
- Nets Trade Jeremy Lin to the Hawks
- Husband finds bodies of wife, mechanic in auto
- Trump says North Atlantic Treaty Organisation members agreed to meet spending commitments
- Honey Smacks recall: 8 sickened in Pennsylvania amid salmonella outbreak, CDC says
- California woman arrested in beating of 92-year-old man
- Ford government 'declaring war on the modern world', says Schreiner