"Retailers can not legally offer the cereal for sale and consumers should not purchase Kellogg's Honey Smacks cereal", the agency said in a statement. "Retailers can not legally offer the cereal for sale and consumers should not purchase Kellogg's Honey Smacks cereal".
United States health officials have issued a blunt warning for people to avoid Honey Smacks, a popular breakfast cereal linked to a salmonella outbreak.
The CDC says at least 30 of the people infected in the outbreak have been hospitalized.
This comes as the federal agency continues to investigate a multi-state outbreak of Salmonella.
Microsoft Releases Windows 10 1803 Update KB4338819 for Patch Tuesday
You can draw, add sticky notes, import images, paste text, and pull in pictures from the web using the built-in Bing search tool. The company is releasing update KB4338819, which includes some general fixes and security patches for Windows 10.
Any consumers who store cereal that looks like Honey Smacks in a container without the packaging and don't remember the brand or type are advised to throw it away.
Florida and Colorado are the latest states to report illnesses as part of the outbreak, bringing the total number of states affected to 33. "All Honey Smacks cereal was recalled in June 2018". The agency claimed two exemptions: "disclosure could reasonably be expected to interfere with enforcement proceedings" and possible disclosure of "trade secret and confidential commercial information".
"Laboratory testing identified the outbreak strain of Salmonella in unopened and opened boxes of Honey Smacks cereal collected from retail locations and from ill people's homes", the new report stated.
Symptoms of salmonella infection include diarrhea, fever and abdominal cramps and typically present 12 to 72 hours after exposure to the bacteria. They usually disappear after four to seven days. The full map of how the sick are spread among the states can be found here.
- New Ariel Atom 4 track auto revealed with 320bhp
- Trump sends political shockwave through United Kingdom with interview on Brexit, protests
- British Diver Who Helped Rescue Trapped Boys in Thailand Returns to UK
- Croatia to Wear Red & White Checkers in World Cup Final
- Unpiloted Russian Cargo Ship Reaches Space Station In Record Time
- Bill Shorten backs award for Australian doctor’s Thai rescue bravery
- Trump Dings ‘Ex-FBI LAYER' Lisa Page for Skipping House Subpoena
- Antonio Conte: Chelsea sack Italian after two years in charge
- Tornado Destroys Parts of RV Park in North Dakota
- FIFA Warns Networks to Stop Focusing on Women in World Cup Stands