In a statement provided to the Daily News, the Nevada Gaming Board said Oakley "was suspected of adding to or reducing his wager on a gambling game after the outcome was known".
Former New York Knicks great Charles Oakley was arrested at a Las Vegas casino on July 8 for trying to cheat during a game, casino officials told TMZ Sports. A security team subsequently reviewed video footage and determined he allegedly cheated, according to the report. A source told TMZ that Oakley tried to remove a $100 chip from a wager before being confronted.
The violation is punishable by up to six years in prison and a maximum fine of $10,000 but Oakley is not expected to serve jail time. He was then taken into custody at 5:30 PM and booked into Clark County Detention Center.
Oakley was recently cleared of misdemeanor assault charges stemming from a scuffle with Madison Square Garden security guards a year ago in which he was violently ejected from the stadium during a game.
Madden 19 Ratings Released, Four Rams Rated 90 or Higher
The Eagles have a 90 overall rating, six points higher than the next best team - the New England Patriots. Let's take a look at five 49ers that could see their Madden 19 rating take a jump in 2018.
In his days as an National Basketball Association enforcer, Charles Oakley was known to smack a few opposing players upside their head and deliver a message that he wasn't there to play around.
Oakley's Las Vegas arrest comes after a high-profile spat with the Knicks previous year following his forcible ejection from Madison Square Garden during a game in February. Oakley has fought the charges.
He is now a coach for the Killer 3s of the Big3 league.
- TV commentator's cat climbs onto his head during interview
- Samira has quit the Love Island villa
- Trumps weighs in on breastfeeding debate, defends formula
- Meghan Markle high-fives children at Croke Park during visit
- Indian record holder to cut world's longest fingernails after 66 years
- Pfizer says delaying drug price hikes after Trump conversation
- Emmys 2018 Nomination Snubs - Who Was Left Off List
- Liverpool willing to smash transfer record to sign Paulo Dybala
- Judge Says US Must Reunite Migrant Families Or Face Penalties
- Merkel responds to Trump: 'I have witnessed' Germany under Soviet control