Speaking after signing for West Ham, the 26-year-old said he feels good joining his childhood club.
Wilshere had been hampered by injuries in recent years and spent the 2016-17 season on loan at Bournemouth.
"I think it was a number of things", he confirmed, "the manager being one and the way he wants to play and where he sees me playing".
'It's well known that I come from a family of Hammers and it's a special moment to sign for the club I used to go and watch as a boy. The England global signs for The Hammers on a free transfer after his Arsenal contract expired earlier this month, and leaves the North Londoners after 10 years playing for the senior side.
Lebanese woman sentenced to 8 years over Egypt insults video
On July 29, an appeals court will hear the case, which represents one more chance for el-Mazboh to get a reduced sentence. She also accused men of sexually harassing her and even called Egyptian women "prostitutes".
He becomes the latest recruit in what looks set to be a significant summer of investment for West Ham and new manager Manuel Pellegrini.
"Jack is a player with excellent technical ability, combined with great energy and commitment, and has proven his quality both in the Premier League and at worldwide level", he told the club's website.
Wilshere opted to leave Arsenal when his contract expired this month despite having been offered a new deal by the club.
Wilshere made his senior debut for Arsenal in 2008, going on to make 197 appearances and winning the FA Cup twice - in 2014 and 2015. Wilshere, on the other hand, is somewhat happy to move clubs within London, especially to a place long loved by him and his family, as they all have been lifetime Hammers fans.
- Scientists Trace 'World's Oldest Colours' From Africa
- Jurgen Klopp asks media to back off Loris Karius following latest howler
- How Gareth Southgate's 'lucky socks' got him the boot from Middlesbrough
- Captain Safdar likely to be arrested on Sunday
- English Bulldog Named World's Ugliest Dog Dies At Age 9
- Pompeo talks tough on Iran while visiting the Emirates
- On this Day in 1998, Croatia Won World Cup Bronze
- Varner, Kraft tied for lead at Greenbrier in West Virginia
- These are the semi-final matchups at the FIFA World Cup (SCHEDULE)
- A brand new Joker origin movie has been confirmed