Mario Mandzukic's extra-time goal saw off England in heart-breaking fashion.
England are not making the final - they have a 3rd place playoff on Saturday - but Keane will, back on punditry duty this Sunday afternoon.
Ultimately accusing them of not showing enough quality, Keane believed the inexperience of their players, and a lack of trophies won by the players in their club careers, told throughout: 'It was a step too far for them'.
'I know England may have thought it was a bit tongue and cheek a few weeks ago, but you've got to focus on just one game at a time.
The Arsenal legend then decides to joke with his former United rival, appearing to forget his words.
Stones is very comfortable on the ball, but you've got to have the art of defending, and I always talk about players smelling danger. "We were just having a laugh with you", Wright said in his famous London accent.
Croatia will be ready for France in final, says coach Dalic
The goal weakened the Croatian side, allowing England to retain possession and control the tempo of the first half. The red card marked the end of his career and France's World Cup dream in 2006 in the worst possible way.
"I don't mind you being happy, but you were planning the final, where the parades were. We were happy! Why can't we get excited?" You needed a reality check.
What follows is a furious slanging match as a raging Keane takes on the 54-year-old.
Following England's heartbreaking loss to Croatia after extra time in the semi-finals of the epic footballing tournament that has been Russian Federation 2018, the pair got into a right old ding-dong in the TV studio.
And viewers on Twitter were quick to react to the on-air brawl.
One said: "Roy Keane vs Ian Wright".
Another added: "Keane and Ian Wright can't stand each other". The latest JOE World Cup Minipod hosted by Dion Fanning and Paddy McKenna is here.
- Why Queen Elizabeth II Is Missing Prince Louis' Christening
- Former UCLA guard Knight found dead at 39
- Hailey Baldwin gets Justin Bieber his own Engagement Ring ❤
- Thai football team rescue celebrated in the Dutch media
- David Sullivan hints at more West Ham United signings
- Gareth Southgate dismisses claim Harry Kane played with injury against Croatia
- Global recall of heart drug due to potential carcinogen contamination
- Rescuers begin 'challenging' final push to free last 5 from Thai cave
- Japanese nurse admits to killing at least 20 patients
- Why It's Impossible For Brett Kavanaugh To Make Abortion Illegal