The Times Square museum in NY of the American franchise "Ripley's Believe It or Not" will hold a "nail clipping ceremony" for the octogenarian. "If I had made a decision to cut my nails, I would not have a Guinness World Records title now".
Shridhar Chillal from Pune, India, had his nails, which hold the record for the Longest fingernails on a single hand - ever, cut at Ripley's Believe It or Not! in Times Square, New York, US.
The nails are now on display at the Ripley's Believe It Or Not!
A school yard incident prompted the challenge for Shridhar Chillal to grow his nails on his left hand when he was a teenager.
Pivac to succeed Gatland as Wales coach
The former New Zealand Police constable has beaten fellow Kiwis Dave Rennie and Scott Robinson to the post, which will be vacated by Gatland after Japan 2019.
"I took it as a challenge", said Mr Chillal, and there was no looking back. "Mr. Chillal dedicated his life to something truly remarkable and Ripley's is the flawless home to honor his legacy", Ripley's Suzanne Smagala-Potts, said. Due to years of growing his nails and the weight of the nails, his hand now suffers the disability. Due to years of growing his nails and their weight, his left hand is permanently handicapped; he can not open his hand from a closed position or flex his fingers.
The exhibit will be on display at the museum starting Wednesday. "Chillal dedicated his life to something truly remarkable and Ripley's is the ideal home to honour his legacy".
"But when I realised that after cutting my nails, my nails will be at Ripley's Believe It or Not! and they're going to maintain it very nicely and for a lifetime, then I felt like I was doing the right decision and that's why I chose to cut my nails". Odditorium in Times Square.
Despite that, he's married with two children and three grandchildren, and was a photographer at a government agricultural magazine for 22 years. However, as he aged, his long nails were proving more challenging to maintain an ordinary lifestyle.
- Roy Keane summed up England's World Cup exit with one, brutal sentence
- White House Unhappy With Pompeo-North Korea Visit
- ‘UK is in turmoil’, says president
- Thai football team rescue celebrated in the Dutch media
- United Kingdom welcomes Trump-Putin meeting, says it must address Russian malign activity
- Jordan Henderson hopeful over fitness ahead of Croatia clash
- Cornwall woman takes vehicle for accidental, two-week joyride
- Why Queen Elizabeth II Is Missing Prince Louis' Christening
- "I've got the bit between my teeth" - Joe Root
- Israel plans to land unmanned spacecraft on moon in February