According to police, an ABM employee identified as Frank Ragin made a gesture toward Jones, who then confronted Ragin.
The altercation was captured on video. It appears Jones and Ragin exchanged words before the pair eventually came to blows.
Jones, who fought back after some initial hesitation, told the woman to "watch out" before punching Ragin. He was charged with two counts of battery and taken to hospital for treatment of his injuries.
Ryan Gaydos is an editor for Fox News.
Croatia into the World Cup Final!
The result of Wednesday's World Cup semi-final between England and Croatia was always going to be historic. They said what? Gary Lineker, former England striker, now pundit: "Dig deep, breathe, start again".
Ragin allegedly punched Jones, injuring his face, and allegedly struck Jones' unidentified companion, injuring her hand, the AJC reported.
TMZ Sports obtained the video, which shows the airport employee verbally accosting and then physically attacking Jones.
Pacman and his friend are said to have declined medical treatment. Police said Ragin was the instigator and Pacman was defending himself.
That was one of a string of suspensions for off-field behavior, including a ban for the entire 2007 season after repeated run-ins with authorities. Jones has always been a talented player, but a temperamental one on and off the field, which has led to some issues. First to fight an National Football League player. He also pleaded guilty to obstructing a police officer previous year, served a few days in jail and was suspended by the league for a game.
- World Cup semi-final England v Croatia
- China vows to 'fight back' after USA threaten $200bn tariffs on goods
- Trump lashes out at North Atlantic Treaty Organisation leaders over defense spending
- Cardi B announces birth of her first child, daughter Kulture Kiari
- Facebook faces record fine over Cambridge Analytica scandal
- Panthers pass on 2018 supplemental draft class
- Wimbledon relaxes cellphone ban ahead of World Cup semifinal
- Shark attacks California Instagram model in Bahamas
- Nadal to face Djokovic after Del Potro Wimbledon epic
- England nowhere near their potential, says manager Gareth Southgate