The global rescue effort, which saw all 12 boys and their coach safely extracted from the flooded cave system after more than two weeks, hit particularly close to home for Scott.
The 31cm-wide custom submarine would make the boys passive participants in the rescue and could potentially shorten the journey, which took divers a total of nine hours in the second successful rescue operation on Monday.
"Today (Tuesday) we hope to be faster", Narongsak added, of the complex and risky operation that involves diving through narrow, flooded chambers.
They are in good physical and mental health, say doctors, despite a harrowing 18 days inside the dank, dark cave before a risky rescue operation that was dubbed "Mission: Impossible". Rescuers located them on July 2, and then plans were devised to get them out.
Twelve boys and their football coach had no serious health concerns Wednesday morning after the last group of five was successfully rescued from a flooded northern cave and transferred to hospital last night. Officials also said they are taking less medication, and can eat anything they want - good news for the boys who were looking forward to fried rice with basil.
Cardi B announces birth of her first child, daughter Kulture Kiari
The rapper took to Instagram today to announce the birth of her child - and also revealed her new baby's name. Cardi made the birth announcement on Instagram Wednesday morning.
One of the boys from the last group rescued Tuesday had a lung infection, a health official said.
The families of the four boys rescued on Sunday were allowed to visit them on Monday evening, but they were kept separated by a glass window. A person with knowledge of the rescue said just before the eleventh person was spotted, that 10 people had been brought out.
However the boys - aged between 12 and 16 - would remain in quarantine until doctors were sure they had not contracted any infections from inside the cave.
"The kids are footballers so they have high immune systems", Jesada said.
"To not receive food, we can still survive for many months, but what's necessary is water, which the cave has, and around this time there's a lot in the cave, and they chose clean water to drink", he said.
Rescue chief Narongsak Osatanakorn said efforts were expected "quicker or at least as quick as yesterday".
It had been suggested the boys, members of the Wild Boars Football Club, could be invited to watch the World Cup final in Moscow on Sunday.
- Sky battle escalates as Comcast raises offer to £26bn
- Former UCLA guard Knight found dead at 39
- Hailey Baldwin gets Justin Bieber his own Engagement Ring ❤
- Astros' Giles sent to Triple A after meltdown
- Trump tweets about soybeans, trade during North Atlantic Treaty Organisation summit
- Defending Wimbledon champion Federer ousted in quarter-finals
- How to get baby to sleep more: Feed solids early, study suggests
- Germany ‘totally controlled by Russia,’ Trump tells North Atlantic Treaty Organisation chief
- Criminal case sheds light on Apple self-driving car technology
- Sagan wins Stage 2 of Tour de France to take early lead