"After giving up three earned runs with a 4-0 lead in the ninth inning of the Houston Astros" extra innings win on Tuesday, the team optioned the fiery right-hander to Triple-A Fresno.
It wasn't Giles first outburst this season.
The Astros have recalled left-hander Cionel Perez in a corresponding move.
Hinch came to the mound to take out Giles and the television broadcast caught him appearing to curse at Hinch right after he walked by him on his way off the field.
Wimbledon 2018 -- Kevin Anderson stays cool despite Roger Federer upset
No tournament wants to see Federer go out and we'll be denied a repeat of that 2008 Federer v Nadal final, which is a shame. Roger Federer admitted he didn't expect a Wimbledon quarter-finals loss against Kevin Anderson on Wednesday at Wimbledon.
After the game, Hinch told reporters that he didn't hear what Giles said and was unsure if it was directed at him. I don't know, man.
Houston came away with the 6-5 win in a freaky walk-off in the 11th inning against the Athletics. I'll have to look at it. You can certainly understand I'll address it. But Giles has memorably sunk the "Stros in high-leverage spots this season". He punched himself in the face after another bad outing.
Then, May 27, Giles came into the game with an 8-3 lead in the ninth over the Indians and allowed three runs to score before leaving without recording an out. He has allowed 17 runs all season in 34 appearances.
- Criminal case sheds light on Apple self-driving car technology
- What is Kylie Jenner's Net Worth?
- China vows to 'fight back' after USA threaten $200bn tariffs on goods
- Cardi B announces birth of her first child, daughter Kulture Kiari
- England vs Croatia Match Preview
- Rafa Benitez gives his verdict on England's World Cup hopes
- Nishikori reaches first Wimbledon quarterfinal, ends 23-year Japanese wait
- England V. Croatia, Winner Will Play France
- England fans go wild at Odsal
- Israel Intercepts Incoming Drone from Syria