And with both number ones now taking part in the World Cup in Russian Federation this summer, there may be even more twists over the coming weeks regarding this transfer saga.
But aside from his worldwide commitments, Courtois' Stamford Bridge future has been a hot topic in recent months.
Chelsea and Roma are interested in signing Leicester City goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel, according to Sky sources.
Courtois spent three seasons on loan at Atletico Madrid between 2011 and 2014 before returning to Chelsea to secure the number-one spot at Stamford Bridge.
British man poisoned with Novichok regains consciousness - hospital
Peskov added that such attacks present a danger not only inside the United Kingdom , but also in Europe as a whole. Police officers guard a cordon in Salisbury, one of five locations in the city and Amesbury under investigation.
While he wants to sort out his future, the 26-year-old said the World Cup was his focus. I would like them to be close. "But for me my children are very important, I have always said that, and they live there", he added.
Courtois and Alisson could both be on the move with interest from Real Madrid. "But my children are the most important thing for me".
He has made 154 appearances in all competitions since then, keeping 49 clean sheets in 126 Premier League appearances and winning two titles as well as the FA Cup and the League Cup.
- Erdogan to take oath as Turkey’s1st Executive President with vast powers
- A brand new Joker origin movie has been confirmed
- Prince Louis christened at private ceremony
- United Kingdom watchdog ICO fines Facebook £500,000 over Cambridge Analytica
- UK PM Seeks Unity Amid Turmoil Over Brexit Strategy
- Reds open talks to sign £13m Shaqiri from Stoke
- Finch rises to top of ICC's T20I rankings
- Arsenal Complete Signing Of Uruguayan Torreira
- Ironic twist to French fears in semi-final win, says Lloris
- Serena Williams comes back to reach Wimbledon semifinals