And with both number ones now taking part in the World Cup in Russian Federation this summer, there may be even more twists over the coming weeks regarding this transfer saga.
But aside from his worldwide commitments, Courtois' Stamford Bridge future has been a hot topic in recent months.
Chelsea and Roma are interested in signing Leicester City goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel, according to Sky sources.
Courtois spent three seasons on loan at Atletico Madrid between 2011 and 2014 before returning to Chelsea to secure the number-one spot at Stamford Bridge.
Where to score a selfie with Trump Baby in London
Trump pictured setting off to a North Atlantic Treaty Organisation summit in Europe from Joint Base Andrews, Md., on Tuesday. Nearly all of Trump's activities will be outside the city: He'll meet the Queen at Windsor Castle, not Buckingham Palace.
While he wants to sort out his future, the 26-year-old said the World Cup was his focus. I would like them to be close. "But for me my children are very important, I have always said that, and they live there", he added.
Courtois and Alisson could both be on the move with interest from Real Madrid. "But my children are the most important thing for me".
He has made 154 appearances in all competitions since then, keeping 49 clean sheets in 126 Premier League appearances and winning two titles as well as the FA Cup and the League Cup.
- Ozil's father urges him to quit Germany duty
- Aditi Ashok Tied-26th at Thornberry LPGA Classic
- Riyad Mahrez set to join Man City from Leicester this week
- Ironic twist to French fears in semi-final win, says Lloris
- British man poisoned with Novichok regains consciousness - hospital
- George Clooney Taken to Hospital After Accident
- Fine imposed on Facebook over user privacy - United Kingdom lawmaker
- 'Not good - the best': Thai rescue chief hails Aussie cave hero
- Pogba urges France to avenge Euros defeat
- Cristiano Ronaldo will leave Real Madrid to sign with Juventus