Yet Mahrez is now a Manchester City player and a record deal for the champions, beating the £57m paid for Aymeric Laporte in January.
Premier League champions Manchester City have sealed a £60m deal with Leicester for Algeria's Riyad Mahrez, with the Foxes ace set to undergo a medical analysis with the next two days, reports suggest.
Here is the photograph - is it Riyad Mahrez?
The Algeria worldwide has signed a five-year contract with the Manchester outfit and will wear the number 26 jersey.
After helping them win promotion to the Premier League, he then helped them win the English top flight, scoring 17 goals in 37 games as the won the title in 2015-16.
He later said he had "regrets" over the dispute, during which the Professional Footballers' Association offered to be a mediator between club and player.
City's director of football Txiki Begiristain said Mahrez's attacking qualities would add even more of a cutting edge to a side which already has an abundance of talent such as Kevin De Bruyne, Leroy Sane and Sergio Aguero.
Thailand Cave Rescue Latest: More Schoolboys Are Saved
When it was realised that the boys were in the cave system, divers began the process of trying to find them in the enormous area. On Sunday, teams of divers brought out four of the trapped boys but waited several hours before confirming their safe rescue.
"Watching them from afar has been a pleasure".
"Over the past few years, he has established himself as one of the Premier League's most exciting players". Pep is committed to playing attacking football, which is a ideal for me, and City's performances last season were outstanding.
But he has now become the Premier League champions' first summer signing since winning the title after knuckling down and biding his time to earn his dream move.
The former PFA Player of the Year leaves Leicester after four-and-a-half years with his sale representing a stunning £59.6m profit for the east Midlanders, who signed him from Le Havre for just £400,000.
"I believe my own game can develop under Pep's management".
What do Manchester City get for £60m?
- Jamie Vardy sends Gareth Southgate update ahead of World Cup semi-final
- France vs Belgium: A 'Final Quality' Match
- Kylie Jenner reveals she Got Rid of all her Lip Fillers
- Final Rescue Mission For Trapped Thai Boys' Football Team Is Underway
- Italian champions Juventus FC signs Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo
- Prime Minister would fight any attempt to oust her, says Downing Street
- Prince Louis christened while beaming royal family look on
- U.S. to list tariffs on another US$200 billion of Chinese products
- Trump Is Training His Base to Hate NATO and Like Putin
- Appreciate your allies, EU’s Tusk tells Trump