When enabled, the Netflix app will automatically download the next episode in your preferred show while connected to WiFi, replacing the most recent watched episode with it. The feature won't have a major impact on device storage as it deletes the last watched episode before downloading the next one.
Netflix has unveiled a new feature today that will help you better manage your downloaded TV series. The feature has allowed it to better serve its users in Latin America and Asia where the younger audience simply prefers to download content on their device so that they can view it later on.
Smart downloads are one-for-one. The feature is triggered when you download an episode or two of a TV show that you're now watching.
Thailand Cave Rescue Latest: More Schoolboys Are Saved
When it was realised that the boys were in the cave system, divers began the process of trying to find them in the enormous area. On Sunday, teams of divers brought out four of the trapped boys but waited several hours before confirming their safe rescue.
However, it's first available only on Android devices.
Essentially, Netflix subscribers will now have increased control over their entertainment experience and the Smart Downloads feature is entirely optional to use. Before you Smart Download any of those, however, this otherwise knowledgeless writer recommends you dive into as many consecutive episodes as you possibly can of Bill Nye Saves the World. That's a great way to save money on your cellular data plan if Netflix streaming isn't included in your deal, or you don't have an unlimited data plan. For example, let's say you've downloaded the first three episodes of the first season of One Day at a Time.
New to Netflix this month is the latest season of Orange Is the New Black, a fresh batch of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, Somebody Feed Phil: The Second Course, Shameless season 8, and more.
- Gareth Southgate defends Raheem Sterling ahead of England's World Cup semi-final
- Prince Louis christened while beaming royal family look on
- LeBron James puts pen to paper on £115m Los Angeles Lakers deal
- Prince Harry and Meghan visit Republic of Ireland
- Prime Minister would fight any attempt to oust her, says Downing Street
- Final Rescue Mission For Trapped Thai Boys' Football Team Is Underway
- Cristiano Ronaldo ends nine-year Madrid reign, joins Juventus
- The end is nigh for NASA's planet-hunting Kepler space telescope
- Former Senator Jon Kyl tapped to 'sherpa' Supreme Court nominee
- England fans make late dash to Russian Federation for World Cup semi-final