When enabled, the Netflix app will automatically download the next episode in your preferred show while connected to WiFi, replacing the most recent watched episode with it. The feature won't have a major impact on device storage as it deletes the last watched episode before downloading the next one.
Netflix has unveiled a new feature today that will help you better manage your downloaded TV series. The feature has allowed it to better serve its users in Latin America and Asia where the younger audience simply prefers to download content on their device so that they can view it later on.
Smart downloads are one-for-one. The feature is triggered when you download an episode or two of a TV show that you're now watching.
Royal Family steps out for Prince Louis' christening
Louis' great-grandparents, Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip , were unable to attend the christening . Check out some of the photos of the stunning Meghan Markle and her fellow royals at Westminster.
However, it's first available only on Android devices.
Essentially, Netflix subscribers will now have increased control over their entertainment experience and the Smart Downloads feature is entirely optional to use. Before you Smart Download any of those, however, this otherwise knowledgeless writer recommends you dive into as many consecutive episodes as you possibly can of Bill Nye Saves the World. That's a great way to save money on your cellular data plan if Netflix streaming isn't included in your deal, or you don't have an unlimited data plan. For example, let's say you've downloaded the first three episodes of the first season of One Day at a Time.
New to Netflix this month is the latest season of Orange Is the New Black, a fresh batch of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, Somebody Feed Phil: The Second Course, Shameless season 8, and more.
- Abortion rights under threat with Trump's new Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh
- Appreciate your allies, EU’s Tusk tells Trump
- Team Sky, Froome fall short in trial
- Liu Xia, wife of late China dissident, left for Berlin
- George Clooney Injured in Scooter Accident in Italy
- England fans make late dash to Russian Federation for World Cup semi-final
- Former Senator Jon Kyl tapped to 'sherpa' Supreme Court nominee
- All eyes on World Cup semis
- Italian champions Juventus FC signs Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo
- OR cattle ranchers released from prison after presidential pardon