Commander Mannoni also told reporters that the police are investigating the causes of and responsibility for the crash.
Hollywood star George Clooney has been injured in a road incident in Sardinia, Italy, local media report. "He is recovering at home and will be fine". Photographs taken by someone passing the scene showed the car's front right bumper damaged and Clooney's bike on its side.
The John Paul II hospital confirmed Clooney was treated there and released after a few hours.
Actor George Clooney was involved in a motor accident in Sardinia on Tuesday morning.
Fine imposed on Facebook over user privacy - United Kingdom lawmaker
The watchdog also announced plans to a bring a criminal action against Cambridge Analytica's defunct parent company SCL Elections. The penalty could be just the first in what might become several fines for Mark Zuckerberg as the Information Commissioner's.
Interested in George Clooney?
Clooney already been released, since none of his injuries were life-threatening. A vehicle did not respect the right of way and hit him. Add George Clooney as an interest to stay up to date on the latest George Clooney news, video, and analysis from ABC News.
La Nuova reported he was found to have a slight trauma to the pelvis and bruises to one leg and arm, but his condition was not serious. It's not clear whether he'll consider traveling on four wheels from now on, however, having previously suffered a broken rib in a motorbike accident in NY in 2007. "The driver decided to make an abrupt right turn and clipped George".
- WH Suspends $10.4B in Obamacare Insurer Payments
- ANP leader Haroon Bilour among 12 killed in Peshawar blast, police say
- Ironic twist to French fears in semi-final win, says Lloris
- Heavy rain lashes Thai cave region where 8 boys are trapped
- Arsenal Complete Signing Of Uruguayan Torreira
- 'Good Friends' Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin Make Out in NYC Park
- Kawhi Leonard Rumors: NBA Executive Expects Spurs To Trade Disgruntled Star
- RESCUE: More brought out of Thai cave, fears of infection
- Nobel laureate's widow is freed from house arrest, allowed to leave China
- UK PM Seeks Unity Amid Turmoil Over Brexit Strategy