Zsa Zsa spent five years at a puppy mill in Missouri before being purchased by the nonprofit Underdog Rescue.
Zsa Zsa, who made global headlines when she won the World's Ugliest Dog competition in San Francisco less about two weeks ago, made headlines again with news of her death.
Zsa Zsa, an English bulldog, stands on stage after winning The World's Ugliest Dog Competition in Petaluma, north of San Francisco, California.
Aditi Ashok Tied-26th at Thornberry LPGA Classic
Kim shattered the 72-hole scoring record, which she previously owned along with Annika Sorenstam, who totaled a 27-under in 2001. The win was the seventh of Kim's LPGA career, her first since she captured the Citibanamex Lorena Ochoa Match Play in May 2017.
"I picked Zsa Zsa up and took her outside and laid her down in the grass", Brainard told Today. "He woke up this morning and found her passed away".
Brainard told TODAY that Zsa Zsa's passing was "devastating". "We take millions of pictures in my family, so now we have her face everywhere to remind us of her", added Brainard.
The dog mom said she named Zsa Zsa after the Hungarian actress Zsa Zsa Gabor, as the pup enjoyed lounging on the couch "like a lovely model". "We were all saying our goodbyes".
Zsa Zsa's family held a farewell ceremony for her in their back yard. He says she appeared fine the day before, so it was a shock. "She never really showed much excitement, but yes, she was definitely living it up after she won", Ms Brainard said.
- Prince Louis christened at private ceremony
- EU Chief Warns Trump to 'Appreciate Your Allies'
- 'Good Friends' Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin Make Out in NYC Park
- Fine imposed on Facebook over user privacy - United Kingdom lawmaker
- 'Not good - the best': Thai rescue chief hails Aussie cave hero
- Love Island star's boyfriend dies weeks after her death
- Meghan and Harry Help Honor Royal Air Force
- These are the semi-final matchups at the FIFA World Cup (SCHEDULE)
- Erdogan to take oath as Turkey’s1st Executive President with vast powers
- Thibaut Courtois puts Real Madrid on red alert