It's not immediately obvious if Cardi is claiming the deal she signed with her manager was worse than a 360 deal but the "Bodak Yellow" rapper clearly stated she wants to secure her future for her growing family.
As was previously reported by the Inquisitr, Cardi B was sued by Klenord "Shaft" Raphael, who claimed that he was commissioned to turn her into a "social media sensation" and take her from Instagram to superstardom. Cardi B's agreement with WorldStar and KSR entitled Shaft to 20 percent of her gross income.
Cardi B has made a decision to launch a counter-suit against Klenord Raphael on the basis that he exploited her and tried to maintain control over her career and personal life. "Despite having a fiduciary duty as a manager to act in Ms. Almanzar's best interest with undivided loyalty, Shaft himself and through his entities took advantage of Ms. Almanzar's trust and naiveté and persuaded her to sign contracts and to enter deals in which Shaft attempted to take an unreasonable and unconscionable portion of Ms. Almanzar's earnings in the entertainment industry for himself".
Cardi also claims that Shaft was "negligent" in record-keeping responsibilities; the suit reads that a proper accounting of funds was not kept.
Pogba urges France to avenge Euros defeat
Some Tottenham Hotspur fans have ripped into Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud after his France performance at the World Cup. It is in the knockout rounds that I hit my stride, though, and I hope to continue like this.
Shaft's lawsuit was filed in April, days after Cardi B's Invasion of Privacy album became a huge hit, debuting at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 album chart. Now she seeks $15 million from him.
According to the counterclaim, Cardi B - whose real name is Belcalis Almanzar - was feeling suffocated by her ex-management team, who she claimed was overly possessive of her in both her personal and professional life.
Court documents state that Cardi B. Shaft, said Cardi, was trying to tell her who she should and shouldn't see romantically. Owing to his vision and drive, Cardi B can now bring her talents to the world and obtain a level of success few artists ever achieve. 22.
Raphael is seeking at least $10 million damages through the suit.
- Pompeo talks tough on Iran while visiting the Emirates
- Moron Harangues Woman In Park For Wearing Puerto Rico Shirt In America
- Jurgen Klopp asks media to back off Loris Karius following latest howler
- Vancouver test market as Starbucks rolls out options to banish plastics
- Photo of DJI's upcoming Mavic 2 leaked online hints at swappable cameras
- Slew of resignations in United Kingdom 'a good week for Brexit' - Simon Coveney
- Scientists Trace 'World's Oldest Colours' From Africa
- Knox wins Irish Open in playoff after extraordinary finish
- England aim to join France in World Cup final
- Captain Safdar likely to be arrested on Sunday