As per WABetaInfo, Suspicious Link Detection basically scans a link which has been shared with you and analyses whether it will take you to a fake or alternate website.
According to a report by WABetainfo, the new feature will restrict the spam circulation by scanning the links that are being sent or received by the users.
Note here, that Whatsapp hasn't yet officially confirmed this news.
Although the report does not really go into explaining which links WhatsApp marks as malicious, by looking at the above screenshots, one can be excused to assume that web pages with HTTP in the URL will be one of the factors that would make WhatsApp label a link as unsafe.
Whenever any such link is shared which is originating from a spam and fake news website, then a red color warning label will be attached along with the link.
All The Adorable Photos From Prince Louis' Christening
The new version was made by the Queen's dresser, Angela Kelly . "Did they borrow them from the Queen?" one commentator wrote. Prince Louis will be christened in the Lily Font , a silver gilt font and bowl decorated in lilies, ivy and cherubs.
The Suspicious Link Detection feature goes hand in hand with Chrome and Firefox browsers which inform a user they visiting an unsafe link.
Function to avoid consumers from including others again into groups, which they left. This latest move comes after IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad asked Facebook-owned company to take steps to control the fake news.
The blog post further added that every time WhatsApp analyses a link, it does it locally without sending any data packets to its servers. On July 1, five people were lynched to death in Dhule district of Maharashtra by villagers who suspected the deceased of being child-lifters. "We believe that false news, misinformation and the spread of hoaxes are issues best tackled collectively: by government, civil society and technology companies working together", WhatsApp said.
"We have been testing a new label in India that highlights when a message has been forwarded versus composed by the sender".
With the ad, Whatsapp puts the onus on community members to check for fake and incorrect information. Dubbed as Suspicious Link Detection feature, it is presently said to be under testing on Android with version number 2.18.206.
- IHOB just changed its name back to IHOP. Here's why
- Showtime Sets Sacha Baron Cohen’s TV Return ‘Who Is America?’
- Owning an iPhone is a common indicator that you’re rich
- Air India changes Taiwan to Chinese Taipei
- Democratic lawmakers, liberal groups rally against Brett Kavanaugh, Trump’s Supreme Court nominee
- Gazza's message for Southgate and his England squad
- Apple Enables USB Restricted Mode by Default in iOS 11.4.1
- Boris Johnson resigns in government Brexit meltdown
- France v Belgium: Four key head-to-head battles
- 8 rescued from Thai cave, but 5 remain trapped