"How can anyone have faith in the prime minister getting a good deal with 27 European Union governments when she can't even broker a deal within her own Cabinet?" he asked.
Downing Street confirmed on Monday morning that the PM has appointed 44-year-old housing minister Dominic Raab as the new Brexit Secretary following Davis' resignation on Sunday evening.
"What Theresa May was trying to do with her proposal last week was to come up with a compromise that would keep all sides on ball within the Conservative party, and clearly that has failed", Clark said. Steve Baker, a junior Brexit minister, resigned along with Davis.
British foreign minister Boris Johnson has resigned, following former-Brexit minister David Davis out of the cabinet just days after Prime Minister Theresa May secured a hard-won agreement from senior ministers on an European Union exit strategy.
Davis and his deputy quit just two days after May announced she had finally united her quarrelsome government behind a plan for a divorce deal with the EU.
May said: "What we are proposing is challenging for the EU".
Opposition politicians were quick to capitalize on May's troubles.
Trump says he's confident Kim will denuclearize
KCNA said Pyongyang had offered to discuss declaring a formal end to the war to mark next month's anniversary of the armistice. President Donald Trump to work toward denuclearizing the Korean Peninsula .
Opposition Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn said the government was incapable of delivering Brexit.
In her statement to Parliament, May attempted to give an impression of business as usual, saying she would present a detailed paper onThursday on the government's negotiating position for a post-Brexit relationship with the EU.
But in reality, she will be at the mercy of her party.
It follows concerns over Theresa May's Brexit proposal put forward to Cabinet ministers at Chequers on Friday.
The likelihood of a Conservative leadership contest now looms.
Mr Rees-Mogg - considered by some a favourite for leadership - expected Mrs May to remain at least until the official date of Brexit in March 2019.
Instead May was tonight scrambling to shore up her ailing Premiership amid fierce rumours she is set to face a no confidence vote, possibly within hours.
- It's a wrap for filming of Captain Marvel
- Kim Kardashian Visited a Women's Prison To Speak With Inmates
- IHOB just changed its name back to IHOP. Here's why
- Thierry Henry's 'heart will be split' by World Cup semifinal
- Elon Musk visits Thai cave, brings his kid-submarine
- France v Belgium: Four key head-to-head battles
- I deserved penalty for Hamilton clash - Raikkonen
- Italian brand unveils special Cristiano Ronaldo jewellery anticipating Juventus move
- Beyonce, Jay Z, Pharrell, Usher & More To Headline Free Mandela 100 Fest
- Donald Trump Names Brett Kavanaugh Winner Of ‘Survivor