The Russian national football team will achieve a better result at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar than at the 2018 Mundial. In four years in Qatar, we will do it better.
In the run-up to the tournament, the team's poor performance had made it the butt of many jokes in Russian Federation, and a video poking fun at the players was watched 11 million times online.
Team Russia coached by Stanislav Cherchesov lost to Croatia in the quarter-final match at the Fisht Olympic Stadium in Sochi on Saturday night. "Every fifth viewer thinks that England will win, 15 percent think that Belgium will win, and 14 percent believe in Croatia's victory", the pollster said in a statement.
Roger Federer or Sachin Tendulkar? Swiss emulates SRT at Wimbledon
Del Potro was leading 7-6 (7/1), 7-6 (7/5), 5-7 when his tie with Simon was halted for the night due to darkness. Nadal, meanwhile, was similarly impressive, dispatching Czech Republican star Jiri Vesely to win 6-3 6-3 6-4.
Earlier, Russian President Vladimir Putin invited the players and the team manager to the Kremlin to discuss their historic World Cup run, which greatly exceeded all pre-tournament expectations. The Croats won in a 4-3 penalty shootout. "We are glad to see you".
A passionate fan of Neymar Jr. and the Brazilian football team, Ahmed had the opportunity to meet his idol and favourite football team in action. "But this goal will be hard to accomplish without you, so you should go to Qatar with us", TASS cited him as saying.
Russia's World Cup heroes will meet with a huge army of their supporters during Fan Fest at Vorobyovy Gory (Sparrow Hills) on Sunday, following their return to Moscow after their exit from the tournament. We played for you, with all our hearts and souls.
- Rafael Nadal admits to Wimbledon final fears and makes tournament claim
- George Clooney reportedly injured after motorbike crash in Sardinia
- Prince Louis's christening to take place in the Chapel Royal
- Showtime Sets Sacha Baron Cohen’s TV Return ‘Who Is America?’
- Democratic lawmakers, liberal groups rally against Brett Kavanaugh, Trump’s Supreme Court nominee
- Boris Johnson resigns in major Brexit blow to UK PM Theresa May
- Gazza's message for Southgate and his England squad
- Air India changes Taiwan to Chinese Taipei
- UK Government On Verge Of Collapse Days Before Trump's Visit
- And is now forecasting a Belgium-England final