At only 18 years old, this loss weighs heavily on his loved ones.
Renard Matthews was killed in a shooting in New Orleans two weeks ago. "Temeka Matthews also said that her son was a big fan of Celtics guard Kyrie Irving".
According to Matthews" mom, Temeka, her son was a "homebody' whose favorite athlete was indeed Irving. His family put together a unique display, which quickly went viral, at the Sunday wake that commemorated the young man's life and love of the Celtics.
Polar's fitness app exposed its users' sensitive location details
However, with enough digging, Polar's tracking info also exposes its users' names and home addresses. This included the location details of soldiers and secret agents .
At his wake at the Charbonnet Labat Glapion funeral home in Treme, a very unconventional service was held.
The family also placed a video game controller in his hands, laid out a few of his favorite snacks and had a Celtics game playing on the TV in front of where the body was displayed.
The family chose to celebrate him in a unique way this past Sunday, surrounding him with his favorite snacks and "playing" NBA2K while wearing the jersey of Kyrie Irving.
- Iranian women post videos of themselves dancing in support of arrested teenager
- England fans damage ambulance, set record for emergency calls
- Nadal progresses into last 16
- Tab Hunter, star of 'Damn Yankees!' and 1950s heartthrob, dies age 86
- J.B. Smoove Joins Cast Of "Spider-Man: Far From Home"
- Belgium’s Hazard spells World Cup danger for France
- The last straw? Starbucks pledges to eliminate plastic straws globally by 2020
- Harvey Weinstein pleads not guilty to charges he assaulted a 3rd woman
- NKY Congressman Says He Supports Ohio Rep. Amid Allegations
- England fans celebrate as team make it to semi-final