Williams first made his debut as the suave galactic gambler who went on to become an administrator of Cloud City in 1980's Empire Strikes Back.
The Hollywood Reporter has revealed the galaxy's smoothest swindler will be returning for Star Wars: Episode IX as Billy Dee Williams is confirmed to reprise his role in the final installment of the sequel trilogy.
While there are many Lando Calrissian stories that are now non-canon (a.k.a. have the designation "Star Wars Legends"), the character has been a key part of the universe for years.
More recently, Williams has actually voiced the character for Star Wars: Rebels. They will join Star Wars regulars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac and Adam Driver. Following Colin Trevorrow's exit over creative differences, Abrams - who directed The Force Awakens - was asked to return to direct Episode IX. The as-yet-untitled film marks the conclusion of the third trilogy of Star Wars film that began in 2015 with The Force Awakens and continued previous year with The Last Jedi.
Gal Gadot Visits Hospital Dressed As Wonder Woman
That's the case when it comes to Gal Gadot , whose portrayal of Wonder Woman has endeared her to moviegoers of all ages. Gadot, 33, is filming the " Wonder Woman " sequel " Wonder Woman 1984 " nearby, in and around Washington, D.C.
J.J. Abrams also co-wrote the script with Chris Terrio (Justice League, Argo).
Chatter about Williams joining the production, which begins later this summer, increased in recent days when the actor bowed out of an upcoming sci-fi and pop culture convention citing a conflict with a movie schedule.
Episode IX is now set to debut December 20, 2019.
- Erdoğan sworn in as Turkish president with enhanced powers
- How Trump's SCOTUS nominee will change the Court
- Erdogan vows to advance Turkey under new governance system
- Modric reveals Croatia biggest concern ahead of England clash
- New Jersey woman dies after utility cuts power to her home
- Iranian women post videos of themselves dancing in support of arrested teenager
- U.K. Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson Resigns Over Brexit
- Can Ethiopia and Eritrea be friends? | Eritrea
- HIV Vaccine One Step Closer According to Harvard Study
- U.S. threatened nations over breastfeeding resolution