An global concert that will celebrate the life and times of world icon, former President Nelson Mandela, will be held in South Africa at the end of the year. The free-ticketed event will take place on Sunday, December 2, 2018 at the FNB Stadium in Johannesburg.
Other artists to grace the stage will be Cassper Nyovest, D'banj, Ed Sheeran, Eddie Vedder, Femi Kuti, Pharrell Williams, Chris Martin, Sho Madjozi, Tiwa Savage, Usher, and Wizkid. Other hosts will include Naomi Campbell and actors Forest Whitaker and Tyler Perry.
Trump says he's confident Kim will denuclearize
KCNA said Pyongyang had offered to discuss declaring a formal end to the war to mark next month's anniversary of the armistice. President Donald Trump to work toward denuclearizing the Korean Peninsula .
The event, put together by the Motsepe Foundation, is to celebrate the centenary of Nelson Mandela, honoring his legacy in the fight to end extreme poverty, revealed a statement shared on PR Newswire. "I want the younger generation to know what he stood for and what he wanted to achieve. He taught me so much - and some of it I'm still learning". All you need to do is, starting 21 August, take action on the Global Citizen platforms - GlobalCitizen.org.za, in the Global Citizen app, or with our Facebook Messenger bot - search "Global Citizen" in Facebook Messenger to learn more. Donations will go towards increasing access to nutrition, ending tropical disease, reducing HIV/AIDS transmission rates and providing safe sanitation worldwide.
Global Citizen has generated commitments and policy announcements from leaders valued at more than $37.9 billion that are set to affect the lives of more than 2.25 billion people. The "Mandela 100" campaign seeks to mobilise United States dollars $1 billion in new commitments for the world's poorest, with USD $500 million set to impact the lives of 20 million women and girls worldwide.
- Modric reveals Croatia biggest concern ahead of England clash
- The last straw? Starbucks pledges to eliminate plastic straws globally by 2020
- Billy Dee Williams Returning as Lando Calrissian in Star Wars: Episode IX
- Team Sky and Chris Froome booed at TdF team presentation
- 5 things to know about Amazon Prime day
- Trump will focus on Russia's 'malign' activity at summits
- New Jersey woman dies after utility cuts power to her home
- Gal Gadot Visits Hospital Dressed As Wonder Woman
- Body of Renard Matthews is propped in front of TV for memorial
- How Trump's SCOTUS nominee will change the Court