Travis Pastrana, a multi-time X Games victor, NASCAR driver and co-founder of the Nitro Circus, successfully accomplished an incredible stunt on Sunday when he jumped 140 feet over the fountains of Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Pastrana's epic stunt started with the "50 Car Jump", followed by the "Wembley Bus Jump", and ended with the infamous "Caesar's Palace Fountain" jump, which nearly killed Knievel 50 years ago.
After his first two jumps over the cars and buses, Pastrana had a police escort while riding the same motorcycle along Las Vegas Boulevard all while popping wheelies and stopping to high-five and shake hands with fans.
"It's just such an honor to live a day in Evel's footsteps and literally his boots", Pastrana said, via ESPN. Knievel wiped out on the landing and was hospitalized with multiple broken bones, but Pastrana soared over the fountain and landed well down the landing ramp. He died in 2007 at the age of 69.
UK Brexit ministers Davis and Baker quit in major blow to May
Environment Secretary Michael Gove said Sunday that it did not contain everything he wanted but "I'm a realist". The resignation is a blow to Mrs May as she seeks to win over Eurosceptic MPs to her proposed Brexit vision.
Paying homage to legendary daredevil Evel Knievel, Pastrana successfully recreated three of his most iconic jumps on a sweltering Sunday in Las Vegas. He ended the night by cruising 149 feet over the fountains in front of Caesars Palace. "Thank you all for coming out here". Last but not least is the famous jump over the Caesars Palace fountain in Las Vegas. "I proposed to my wife here, I had my first Nitro Circus show here, thank you to everyone at History (the channel that broadcast the event live) and thank you to everyone watching". "I'm not done yet, but this was definitely the coolest thing I've ever been able to do".
"I'm jumping a bike that's not made for jumping", Pastrana said after arriving in Las Vegas.
The second jump had Pastrana recreating a stunt Knievel performed at King's Island in OH, when he jumped 14 Greyhound buses.
"This (jumping the fountain) is definitely the most technical". He was looking to break Knievel's records.
"To be able to get a police escort on the Las Vegas Strip, I mean c'mon", said Pastrana, 34, who cleared the fountains over 50 years after Knievel famously crashed while attempting the same feat.
- Phil Mickelson breaks rules again, this time at Greenbrier
- Brexit BOMBSHELL: David Davis explains HOW resignation will STOP May making concessions
- Nirbhaya gang rape: Supreme Court to decide on death sentence, Monday
- Banning plastic straws is more scam than science
- Trade war begins between China, US as tariffs kick in
- England fans celebrate as team make it to semi-final
- Wimbledon: Are the stars aligning for another Federer-Nadal final?
- Syria says Israeli strikes targeted T4 air base in Homs
- European canines replaced New World’s ancient breeds
- To-play favourite Warframe coming to Nintendo Switch