In a conversation with the West Ham boss Manuel Pellegrini the midfielder now looks set to stay in England by signing a three-year contract worth £100,000 per week.
The 26-year-old missed out on a place in the England squad this summer despite regaining his fitness and playing a big part in Arsenal's season.
West Ham - who Wilshere supported during his childhood - have now confirmed that they have completed a deal for the England global, who has penned terms at the London Stadium until 2021.
"Many people know that I've had a special bond with this club growing up".
Wilshere is a West Ham fan and is keen to get his career back on track.
F1 driver Brendon Hartley walks away from scary crash at Silverstone
After this point, the Directorate has suspended the session, and the track arrived ambulance. Gasly's early time, prior to Hartley's failure, left him 19th on the leaderboard.
West Ham's new director of football, Mario Husillos, added: "Manuel and I identified him as a target as soon as we joined the Club and we are delighted to have succeeded in securing Jack's signature above a number of other teams". Not many clubs could fill it week in, week out, and West Ham do.
Among Wilshere's first objectives at his new club will be to play his way back into the England squad, having missed out on the 23-man panel for the World Cup in Russian Federation this summer.
Issa Diop looks set to lose his status as West Ham United's record signing after less than a month.
- Oil dips in nervous trading as U.S.-China trade war looms
- To-play favourite Warframe coming to Nintendo Switch
- Syria says Israeli strikes targeted T4 air base in Homs
- Rory reflects on Ballyliffin and Irish Open as a host
- Teen Arrested for Provocative Dance
- Tropical Storm Chris could become hurricane
- Robin Wright Describes Working With Kevin Spacey In Interview
- Prominent cast member of Tarak Mehta ka Ulta Chahma passes away
- Starbucks to eliminate plastic straws in stores globally by 2020
- Antonio Conte at Chelsea training ground with future still in doubt