In a conversation with the West Ham boss Manuel Pellegrini the midfielder now looks set to stay in England by signing a three-year contract worth £100,000 per week.
The 26-year-old missed out on a place in the England squad this summer despite regaining his fitness and playing a big part in Arsenal's season.
West Ham - who Wilshere supported during his childhood - have now confirmed that they have completed a deal for the England global, who has penned terms at the London Stadium until 2021.
"Many people know that I've had a special bond with this club growing up".
Wilshere is a West Ham fan and is keen to get his career back on track.
To-play favourite Warframe coming to Nintendo Switch
Digital Extremes' Warframe has had a great run so far on PS4, Xbox One, and PC, with over 38 million registered players. There's no release date for the Switch version now , but you can check out the announcement trailer below.
West Ham's new director of football, Mario Husillos, added: "Manuel and I identified him as a target as soon as we joined the Club and we are delighted to have succeeded in securing Jack's signature above a number of other teams". Not many clubs could fill it week in, week out, and West Ham do.
Among Wilshere's first objectives at his new club will be to play his way back into the England squad, having missed out on the 23-man panel for the World Cup in Russian Federation this summer.
Issa Diop looks set to lose his status as West Ham United's record signing after less than a month.
- North Korea says U.S. are like 'gangsters' after 'regrettable' nuclear talks
- Starbucks to eliminate plastic straws in stores globally by 2020
- Bombings in Somalia's capital wound 13
- Banning plastic straws is more scam than science
- Anti-Gun Protesters Shut Down Major Chicago Highway
- Jordan Pickford wants to create history after ex-Sunderland star's England heroics
- South Koreas Moon, Modi to open worlds largest cellphone factory in Noida
- Meghan Markle Sounds British In Recent Clip And Twitter Absolutely Loves It
- Tropical Storm Chris could become hurricane
- Robin Wright Describes Working With Kevin Spacey In Interview