Seven of these people have been hospitalized and no deaths have been reported. As many as 54 cases have also been reported in Minnesota, along with a handful in Iowa and MI. The CDC and the Food and Drug Administration have not provided data on the number of outbreaks associated with the 28-ounce products.
In its June 15, 28 and 28 outbreak statements the CDC reported the victims were "people who reportedly consumed" pre-packaged Del Monte Fresh Produce vegetable trays containing broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and dill dip. Officials said two, in MI, came from vegetables bought in Wisconsin.
People who got illness range from ages 13 to 79 years old.
FDA, CDC, state, and local partners are now investigating several Cyclospora illnesses associated with recalled Del Monte 6oz and 12oz vegetable trays containing broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and dill dip that were sold by Kwik Trip/Kwik Star locations in IA, IN, MI, MN, and WI.
Cyclosporiasis is caused by Cyclospora cayetanensis, a single-celled protozoa most commonly transmitted on produce contaminated with human fecal matter, particularly from tropical or subtropical regions where the parasite is native. The agency recommends throwing out all recalled products.
To-play favourite Warframe coming to Nintendo Switch
Digital Extremes' Warframe has had a great run so far on PS4, Xbox One, and PC, with over 38 million registered players. There's no release date for the Switch version now , but you can check out the announcement trailer below.
The CDC urges consumers to not eat the recalled vegetable trays, and instead, they should throw them away.
The Del Monte vegetable trays - packaged with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and dill dip - were recalled in June from Kwik Trip, Kwik Star, Demond's, Sentry, Potash, Meehan's, Country Market, FoodMax Supermarket and Peapod stores. "FDA is now reviewing distribution and supplier information related to the vegetable trays; the investigation is ongoing", according to the FDA's update this week.
Most people infected with Cyclospora develop diarrhea, with frequent, sometimes explosive, bowel movements.
What are the Symptoms of Cyclosporiasis? Vomiting, headache, fever, body aches and flu-like symptoms can also occur.
- Teen Arrested for Provocative Dance
- F1 driver Brendon Hartley walks away from scary crash at Silverstone
- European canines replaced New World’s ancient breeds
- Meghan Markle Sounds British In Recent Clip And Twitter Absolutely Loves It
- Rory reflects on Ballyliffin and Irish Open as a host
- Jordan Pickford wants to create history after ex-Sunderland star's England heroics
- Brexit BOMBSHELL: David Davis explains HOW resignation will STOP May making concessions
- Robin Wright Describes Working With Kevin Spacey In Interview
- Phil Mickelson breaks rules again, this time at Greenbrier
- Hammers sign Wilshere on free transfer