In SA, the Jimny is likely to be powered by a "newly developed" 1,5-litre petrol engine. As such, the 101bhp power output and 130Nm of torque are adequate rather than sparkling.
The all-new Suzuki Jimny is the fourth generation of Suzuki's iconic off-roader. Transmission choices for the Jimny and Jimny Sierra are the same: 5-speed manual and 4-speed automatic. For the design language, Suzuki has gone back to the boxy look from the first and second generation Jimny, instead of the curvier third generation iteration. The new version is the first major update to the model since 1998, but despite this the Jimny has earned itself a solid reputation among off-road and city auto enthusiasts. Dimensions are 3480mm long, 1645mm wide and 1725mm high with a wheelbase of 2250mm. This betters the old car's 34-degrees (A), 31-degrees (D), and 46-degrees (BO).
A seven-inch touchscreen with Bluetooth is available on higher equipment grades, although full United Kingdom specs and prices are still to be confirmed.
Suzuki says the interior has been designed with function and form with all controls usable while wearing gloves. The car's ground clearance is rated at 210 mm, while its boot space of 85 litres can be expanded to 377 litres with the rear seats folded.
United States tariffs take effect, China warns of 'counterattack'
If the trade war heats up, officials might impose further obstacles and target a broader range of goods. The row has caused turbulence on the world's stock markets and could hurt global trade and growth.
Based on European specifications, the Suzuki Jimny will be available with (speed related) autonomous emergency braking but whether that's a feature of the vehicle when it comes to Australia remains to be seen.
Suzuki also fits safety systems such as the dual sensor brake support automatic braking system, lane departure warning, weaving alert and high beam assist, as well as traffic sign recognition and hill descent control.
The four-wheel drive system in the Jimny can be switched between two-wheel and four-wheel drive alongside the low range transfer gear that offers more torque to aid with traction on slopes.
We had a bit of a peek at the new Jimny a few weeks ago, but now Suzuki has delivered more detail ahead of the new Jimny arriving in the United Kingdom in 2019.
- Brock Lesnar Crashes UFC 226, Shoves Daniel Cormier
- World Cup fairy tale ends for Russia, the sleeping giant
- Belgium beat Brazil 2-1, will play France in World Cup semifinal
- Croatia ends Russia's run, advances to World Cup semifinals
- Lewis Hamilton hails one of the finest moments of his career
- Fed impressed with US economy strength, may continue with rate hike
- Michael Cohen drops Trump attorney label on social media
- Bystanders push subway train to free trapped woman
- Djokovic slams Wimbledon crowd after being booed
- 'Angry Baby' balloon can fly during Trump's United Kingdom visit