The Germany global was culpable for two of Los Blancos' goals in the 3-1 win for the La Liga side, first rolling the ball straight to Karim Benzema and then letting Gareth Bale's strike from distance squirm through his hands.
"Now people could think for us it is the explanation - and for me it is 100 per cent the explanation and that's all".
However, there was one moment in the warmup that had Liverpool fans talking on Twitter.
Manager Jurgen Klopp recently spoke about the concussion and said it was a direct explanation for his goalkeeper's gaffes on the big stage. Five days after the final, Loris had 26 of 30 markers for a concussion still.
That's because the Mirror are citing a report from Turkish outlet Aksam that claims Liverpool have tabled an opening offer in the region of £12m for Domagoj Vida after Klopp identified the Besiktas defender as a summer target.
'He was influenced by that knock, that is 100 per cent.
In case you've been caught up in all the World Cup madness and forgotten, the 25-year old gifted Karim Benzema the opener by rolling the ball out to him, before spilling Gareth Bale's long-range shot late on.
England football fans celebrate in the streets after victory over Sweden
And Southgate's personality has rubbed off on his players, who are not the ego-driven prima donnas of the recent past. Meanwhile in Manchester, England fans were pictured jumping on a police van while officers were busy elsewhere.
"I am delighted with where Liverpool are right now".
The experienced defender is predominantly a centre-back but he's capable of playing anywhere across the back four so his versatility would be a useful asset for Klopp if Liverpool were able to get a deal agreed.
Still, overcoming such a devastating game in Kiev will be a massive challenge for the stopper, whether his performance was hindered by concussion or not.
"He is young so we don't want to bin a good goalkeeper because he does have the potential to be very good".
- Brock Lesnar Will Face Daniel Cormier For The UFC Heavyweight Title
- Supreme Court Nominee List Shortens to Mostly 'Identical' Candidates
- After roaring lions on, fans begin hunt for semi-final tickets
- Anthony Bourdain worth $1.21M at the time of his death
- Croatia search for missing sparks ahead of England clash
- Michael Cohen drops Trump attorney label on social media
- Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin engaged after one month of dating
- Suzuki reveals European specs of new Jimny
- Rafael Nadal powers past Alex De Minaur to reach last-16
- England roar into World Cup semis