It's moving west at 15 mph and located about 1,045 miles east-southeast of the Lesser Antilles.
It has maximum sustained winds near 35 miles per hour with higher gusts, and could strengthen into a tropical storm later Thursday or Friday. TD2 is expected to strengthen into a weak Tropical Storm by Friday morning.
There are no watches or warnings in effect for the storm.
Two powerful storms threaten to turn into tropical cyclons in the Atlantic as hurricane season seems to have started hitting the Caribbean east coast this summer. A faster westward to west-northwestward motion is expected to begin over the weekend and continue through early next week. Gradual strengthening is forecast during the next few days and while it is expected to reach Category 1 hurricane strength by Tuesday, the track remains offshore.
The storm is expected to become a tropical depression by the first of the week, according to the NHC.
Rafael Nadal reveals his problem with Brazilian umpire after Wimbledon win
It's more hard for me to understand what's going on", said 11-time French Open champion Nadal, who is chasing an 18th major. Number three seed Marin Cilic suffered the shock of the day, slipping to a five-set defeat to world number 82 Guido Pella.
It's been a long time since we had a tropical storm. Some development of this system is possible during the next day or two while it moves westward at 10 to 15 miles per hour over the tropical Atlantic Ocean.
"It looks like it's going to eventually run into some trouble when it approaches the Windward Islands where some wind shear will weaken the storm", Walsh said.
"Temperatures at the surface of the tropical Atlantic Ocean have become remarkably colder than normal", wrote Phil Klotzbach, a Capital Weather Gang contributor and the lead author of the Colorado State outlooks.
Last year, there were 17 named storms, 10 hurricanes and six major hurricanes, including Hurricanes Irma and Maria which devastated some parts of the Caribbean. The only storm in the Atlantic basin so far this year was Subtropical Storm Alberto, which formed on May 25 and dissipated on May 31 after making landfall in the Florida panhandle.
- Hurricane Beryl and Tropical Depression 3 in Atlantic
- Shardul Thakur to replace Jasprit Bumrah in India's ODI squad
- Raheem Sterling provides Harry Kane support in quarter-final clash with Sweden
- North Korea nuclear deal: Pompeo sees 'progress' after talks
- England dominates to move one step away from World Cup final
- The Villa heats up: Ellie and Georgia separated after explosive feud
- England move into semi-finals after 2-0 win over Sweden
- Tyler Honeycutt found dead following shootout with police
- Nicolas Cage Joins Into the Spider-Verse Cast as (Another) Spider-Man
- Mark Zuckerberg Becomes World's Third Richest Person as Facebook Stock Soars