And following Belgium's 2-1 victory versus Brazil to reach the World Cup semi-final, Courtois continued to talk about Pickford by making it clear he thinks the England worldwide is a "great goalkeeper".
Courtois poured salt in Pickford's wounds following Belgium's Group G victory over England last Thursday by apparently criticising Pickford for the technique he employed when flailing for Adnan Januzaj's curling effort from the edge of the box. "It's all about the set position and I got a hand to it", said the 6ft 1in shot stopper.
"It's hard when you miss and nothing can be said that's going to make it alright but it's not about me, it doesn't really matter now, we won and that's the main thing".
Comments like that are irritating because, as a fellow goalkeeper, he should know that size has nothing to do with your ability as a keeper. I think he is a great goalkeeper.
‘Disturbing’ video shows woman fall out of SUV at busy Florida intersection
The incident on Monday afternoon was captured on video at an intersection near the University of South Florida in Tampa. The freaky incident was caught on camera around 4:12 p.m.at the intersection of 131st Avenue and 15th Street.
"The shortest goalkeeper to ever win a World Cup final was 5'10" Italian Aldo Olivieri in 1939, while Manuel Neuer and Marcos, of Germany and Brazil, towered at 6'4" as the tallest.
The Three Lions were just 90 seconds from the full-time whistle when Yerry Mina scored a dramatic 93rd minute header to send the game to extra time. I've been critcised for going with my top hand, but as long as you save it, that's all that counts.
"He made some fantastic saves in the game".
England face Sweden this Saturday afternoon in the World Cup quarter-finals where the victor will face either Croatia or hosts Russian Federation next week. I've got power and agility. Even when we were behind in the penalty shootout we thought 'please, save one Pickers [Pickford]!' And he did.
- Pompeo Faces 'Extraordinary Challenge' on NoKo Denuclearization Timeline — Ex-CIA Officer
- China court bans Micron chip sales in patent case
- Brazil right-back Danilo to sit out rest of World Cup
- Keri Russell in talks to join 'Star Wars: Episode IX'
- J.K. Rowling, Merriam-Webster mock Trump over misspelled 'pour' tweet
- Northern white rhino could be saved from extinction using embryos
- We Happy Few Successfully Appeals Australian Ban, Classified R18+
- Roger Federer beats Lukas Lacko to advance to third round at Wimbledon
- Police confirm poisoned English couple handled an item contaminated with nerve agent
- Malaysia suspends China-backed deals