But we still don't know what the Galaxy X might look like.
"We expect weak Galaxy S9 sales to be the main driver of the quarter-on-quarter earnings decline", Daiwa Capital Markets analyst S.K. Kim said. In retrospect, it was a brilliant move that paid off handsomely, pushing Samsung to come up with better devices, and, in turn, pushing Apple to make better iPhones.
Samsung kept on registering record operating profits, quarter after quarter for seven straight quarters until Q2 2018 finally arrived, putting a stop to the tech juggernaut's progress once and for all. The S9 has reportedly sold the lowest of any Galaxy phone since the S3 released back in 2012. Revenue is also down compared to last quarter, from 60.56 trillion won to 58 trillion.
Chuck Schumer to Donald Trump: Nominate Merrick Garland to Supreme Court
Kavanaugh graduated from Yale Law School, where he adopted numerous views of late Supreme Court Chief Justice William Rehnquist. Kethledge graduated from the University of Michigan and received his law degree from the University of Michigan Law School.
The Korean technology giant said Friday it expects its operating profit last quarter dropped by 5.4% compared with the previous three months, to 14.8 trillion won ($13.2 billion)-the first such quarterly fall for nearly two years.
Industry sources said sales of smartphones were weak amid mounting competition from rivals as marketing costs for new mobile products also increased, undercutting the sector's profitability.
Most notably, it's reported that the Gear S4 (the name of which will be changed to Galaxy Watch) will be powered by Wear OS, formally called Android Wear.
Samsung Electronics is now hoping for its upcoming Galaxy X to improve its profit following the sluggish sales of its Galaxy S9 flagship phone. Apple's iPhone X isn't selling as great as Apple expected, but it's still making a boatload of cash for Apple.
- James Woods dropped by "liberal" agent on Fourth of July
- Joey Chestnut eats record 74 hot dogs for 11th title
- Trump says US to meet soon with Europe on trade
- Pruitt says he never asked Trump for Sessions' job
- Ford to officially wind down green programs funded through cap and trade
- Keys out as Wimbledon seeds keep falling
- Declaration of Independence Is Hate Speech? Facebook Thought So
- Goalkeeper Sam Johnstone joins West Brom for £6.5m
- Margarita-loving bear takes a dip in a California hot tub
- Love at first flight: Seat swap leads to viral love connection