Actor and outspoken conservative James Woods appears to be looking for new representation.
Kaplan's email didn't say his decision to sever ties with Woods was because of his political beliefs, but Woods said past year that he had "accepted the fact that" he had been blacklisted from Hollywood because he's conservative.
"It's the 4th of July and I'm feeling patriotic", wrote Kaplan in the posted email. Don't want to represent you anymore. I was thinking if you're feeling patriotic, you would appreciate free speech and one's right to think as an individual. The actor revealed to his over 1.5 million Twitter followers that his agent Ken Kaplan had dropped him as a client on the night of the Fourth of July (via Mediaite).
Kaplan didn't specifically mention that politics was the reason behind his firing of Woods. Woods said in a follow-up interview with the Washington Post that the announcement had been a mistake.
Woods, known for his roles in films like 1983's "Videodrome" and 1995's "Casino", claimed in February that he has been "blacklisted" by Hollywood for his conservative views.
Kvitova suffers shock first round Wimbledon exit
At one stage from the middle of the first set to early in the second, the 17-time grand slam champion amassed 21 straight points. You know, I have always deep down had the belief, and it's about, in the tough moments of the match, keeping that belief.
GettyJames Woods in November 2016.
The Gersh Agency has yet to make a public statement on Kaplan or Woods. The article says that Flashdance star Jennifer Beals signed at the same time.
Mr. Woods said he replied to the email, thanking Mr. Kaplan for his service. The agency also represents Adam Driver, Wynona Ryder and Andie MacDowell. In September, actress Amber Tamblyn wrote an open letter to Woods accusing him of hitting on her when she was 16. Every single #Democrat without exception stood behind a convicted perjurer.
Woods has previously said that being a conservative in Hollywood has made it hard for him in recent years to find roles.
- Trump officials lay out ambitious plan to denuclearize North Korea
- A 'Child's Play' reboot is in the works
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Might Get an Extended Cut That Explores Thanos' Backstory
- Asian shares battered by China turbulence as trade war anxiety heightens
- Lions eat 'rhino poachers' on South African game reserve
- House of Cards Fourth of July Season 6 Teaser
- New Cervical Cancer Screening Method Is More Accurate Than Pap Smears
- Ford to officially wind down green programs funded through cap and trade
- Immigration Enforcement is Like Liberating a Town in Combat
- Joey Chestnut eats record 74 hot dogs for 11th title