England's World Cup win over Colombia was watched by a peak UK TV audience of 24.4 million, ITV said today.
The Sun tabloid coined his save the "Hand of Jord", harking back to Diego Maradona's "Hand of God" incident in 1986, when the Argentine used his hand to put the ball into the net against England. "England win on penalties (Yes really!)", the paper said.
Hosts Russia played their third group game there, but lost 3-0 to Uruguay, and England's vanquished opponents Colombia edged out Senegal there 1-0 in their final group match.
"I have yet to decide [whether to attend the game], but I might go".
"We know that we are a good team, we've earned our successes, we know how we've got this far", he told a post-match news conference. They have created their own story and made history.
‘Don’t feed sharks’: Terrifying moment woman feeding sharks is pulled into water
Eager to experience the animals, which can grow up to 10 feet long, Brunning said she joined the others at the back of the boat. Ms Brunning said the incident had taught her to "respect marine life, and look at it in awe, but just leave them alone".
"During my time with England we met them four times".
Janne Andersson's Sweden have recovered well from a heartbreaking group-stage defeat by Germany, seeing off Mexico before edging out Switzerland 1-0 in the last 16.
For all the drama around England, the victor of the tournament is more likely to come from the top half of the draw, where the teams can boast a combined eight tournament wins.
Suarez was less convinced by recent claims that Griezmann was half-Uruguayan because he plays with Diego Godin and Jose Gimenez at Atletico Madrid, drinks mate tea and even turned up at the airport wearing a Uruguay shirt to greet his teammates when they qualified for Russian Federation.
"What other teams and countries think about that, you'll have to ask them".
However, the Blue and Yellow can not be taken lightly after keeping clean sheets in each of their three wins to date, capped by a 1-0 victory over Switzerland as +225 underdogs to earn their first quarterfinal berth since 1994.
- Nikki Bella insists she's just friends with John Cena
- France's Macron in Nigeria to talk security, boost culture
- Trump repeatedly suggested invading Venezuela, stunning top aides
- Belgium ready for defining game against Brazil, says Vincent Kompany
- United Kingdom to ban "abhorrent practice" of gay conversion therapy
- Kyle Busch wins Cup Series race at Chicagoland
- Yet ANOTHER Study Suggests Daily Coffee Could Help You Live Longer
- Warriors star Stephen Curry and wife Ayesha welcome baby Canon W
- Thai official says boys may be taken out of cave in stages
- Texas mother arrested for allegedly selling her kids