Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov suggested the subject may be on the agenda during a press conference with his opposite number in Jordan. "We agreed to choose a date and place right after the meeting of our presidents in Helsinki to find ways for the realizations of goals which will be hopefully set at this summit". "We could be competitors - we are competitors - but we don't necessarily need to be adversaries".
In an upcoming July 16 summit, President Donald Trump reportedly plans to sit with Russia's Vladimir Putin for a one-on-one meeting before allowing other aides to join them.
Lavrov also said Russian Federation was hopeful that the Putin-Trump summit could provide an opportunity for a frank conversation about issues which divide Russian Federation and the US.
Answering a journalist's question, Russian presidential spokesperson Dmitry Peskov told reporters that "Putin has sent a greeting telegram to Trump", according to the state-run Tass Russian News Agency. "We will have to wait and see".
SC verdict has made BJP further nervous of AAPs performance in Delhi
The court said Baijal's approval was not required for every decision and he should not interfere in every call taken by the ministers of an elected government.
Some US officials have expressed concern about Putin and Trump meeting without note-takers or witnesses present, due to Putin's reputation as a shrewd negotiator.
The senators then met with representatives of the Duma, the lower house of the Russian parliament. Relations have been marred by multiple contentious issues, including the Ukrainian crisis, the war in Syria and some in the USA accusing Russian Federation of meddling in their presidential elections.
Asked about whether the visiting USA lawmakers would meet Putin, Peskov said: "For now, it is not on the president's schedule, but we know that the American officials have planned quite wide-reaching contacts with their colleagues".
- Austria Strips Iranian of Diplomatic Status Over Bomb Plot Arrest
- NASA's Dawn Probe Beams Photos of Dwarf Planet Ceres Back to Earth
- We have to learn to suffer, says Brazil's Neymar
- Maradona Calls English's World Cup Victory a 'Monumental Theft' Against Colombia
- Australian archbishop sentenced to year's detention for child sex abuse cover-up
- Texas mother arrested for allegedly selling her kids
- Lower oil prices or we will not ‘defend’ you
- Using Samsung smartphone? It may be sending your photos to contacts
- Nikki Bella insists she's just friends with John Cena
- Person climbs the Statue of Liberty, island evacuated