Poland forward Dawid Kownacki will be favourite after impressing against Senegal as a second-half substitute.
But on the evidence of their 3-0 Group H victory over Poland, their fans have every right to continue bouncing around with such confidence.
The 26-year-old was the star man in Brazil four years ago but was only a substitute for their shock opening defeat.
It helped that they always had an outlet, with Falcao working superbly in the channels and Juan Cuadrado hugging the right touchline to force wing-back Maciej Rybus into his own half with regularity.
After riding a tense start that forced Mina and then Wilmar Barrios to react quickly to thwart early threats from Robert Lewandowski, Colombia eventually got into their stride.
Rats chew through £13,000 in cash in India
Rats have nibbled through more than 1m rupees of banknotes after entering a cash machine in north-east India, police said. At least one money-hungry rat broke into an ATM and chewed through almost $18,000 in cash, authorities in India said.
Colombia's Yerry Mina scores their first goal against Poland in the World Cup Group H match in Kazan Arena, Kazan, Russia, June 24, 2018.
Rodriguez's short corner eventually found Quintero, whose smart through ball back to Rodriguez gave him time and space to curl a ideal left-footed cross that Mina rose to header powerfully past Szczesny on 40 minutes.
The presence of James, fully fit again after a calf injury, vastly improved Colombia's link-up play following a below-par performance in their opening 2-1 defeat to Japan, and he provided the assist for Cuadrado to add a third goal that put the game well beyond Poland.
Colombia started the second half just as impressively and an adroit counter attack soon saw James release Quintero, but the playmaker saw his driven effort deflected away before it could test Szczesny.
Rodriguez played a pivotal role as Colombia boosted their chances of reaching the knockout stages with a 3-0 win.
Colombia were playing some scintillating football on Sunday night.
- Hamilton takes pole at rain-hit French Grand Prix
- German chancellor says migration meeting a 'first exchange'
- Australia loses final ODI against England to suffer series whitewash
- Jared Kushner says Mideast peace plan happening soon, with or without Abbas
- Dele Alli has 'slim chance' of playing against Panama, confirms Southgate
- Hamilton wins French GP to retake lead in F1 title race
- GBP: Bullish Momentum Aided by Hawkish Bank of England
- Trump wants 'these people' who 'invade our Country' sent right back
- MoviePass will charge extra $2 for every big opening weekend movie
- A Supreme Court Ruling Could Make Your Online Purchases More Expensive