The German Football Association (DFB) apologized for the reaction towards the Sweden bench following their dramatic 2-1 win Saturday.
Kroos's stunning free-kick five minutes into added time in Sochi sealed a 2-1 win to keep alive Germany's flagging hopes following defeat to Mexico in their opening Group F match. FREE to play & next 4 match predictions are available now!
For now, at least, there is renewed optimism after a turbulent week.
Sweden had scored in the first half on a clever counterattack, and with its one goal secured, chose to settle into some of the most defensive football seen at the World Cup so far.
"Now we have to recover and we don't have much time before we have to beat Korea, when we have to play convincingly", said Kroos.
"But if we lose against South Korea or don't make it to the next stage, the goal isn't worth anything, so we have to know that we got a little bit lucky and we have to show and to prove that we can be way better than we have been". Although, Loew is expecting Mats Hummels back after he missed the Sweden match with a neck injury. "So I was very angry", he said.
Hamilton wins French GP to retake lead in F1 title race
I've been struggling to get ideal laps this week -- I was catching up rung by rung, but a one-two here is great. On seeing a video recording of the incident, he said: "He took him right out -- ah, man, that's insane ".
Marco Reus equalised in the 48th minute, meeting a low cross from Timo Werner, and despite having Jerome Boateng sent off in the 82nd minute, Germany kept going and Kroos earned them a famous win.
He tapped the ball into Reus, who was waiting just inside the area and cushioned it for Kroos to arc it perfectly into the far corner of Robin Olsen's net.
"We have to put our foot on the gas and take our chances", Kroos said. "We are exhausted", said the coach.
Yet it is looking increasingly possible that Germany could be on course for a last-16 showdown with Brazil, four years after the 7-1 of Belo Horizonte.
"Right now I don't think this is the time to start ruminating about that".
- Senegal and Japan fans help clean up stadiums following World Cup games
- Protesters chanting, 'Set them free!' block bus of migrant kids at border
- Hamilton takes pole at rain-hit French Grand Prix
- Ten-Man Germany Snatch Late Winner Vs Sweden To Stay Alive
- Shaqiri late Switzerland victor sinks Serbia
- England v Australia at the Emirates Riverside, Chester-le-Street
- Rats chew through £13,000 in cash in India
- Greece creditors agree on deal
- Mexico defeats South Korea 2-1
- Kane hat-trick moves England star to front of Golden Boot race