Now, Google is strangely removing a big portion of that functionality. "But you can still look up the route in the Maps app and then request the ride from the Uber app". This amalgamation of services made it so users didn't even have to open the Uber app to book a ride. Come early 2017, meanwhile, Google Maps integrated Uber trip bookings, allowing the whole ride to be managed from within the app rather than requiring a handover to Uber's own software on the phone.
Now though, that service integration is gone - and we have no idea why. That said, the fact that users were able to use the Uber service without downloading the actual Uber app might not have sat right with the ride sharing company. The feature was available for a little over a year, going live back in January of 2017.
Canada, US, Mexico agree to continue NAFTA talks
All 28 European Union member states must approve the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) for it to take effect. Champagne made a case to Italy about the deal's benefits, his spokesman Pierre-Oliver Herbert wrote in an email Thursday.
For a reason yet to be explained, Alphabet's removed the ability to hail Uber rides from Google Maps.
Either way, you'll need the Uber app, which you can download from the Play Store by clicking the button below, if you want to continue using Uber rides. The company says Uber Lite is a native app designed for people with ...
We haven't seen confirmation of Uber's removal from Google, so we don't know the reasoning behind it or exactly when it happened. The ability to book a cab directly from Google Maps is handy, especially when you're in unfamiliar territory.
- Thomas Markle reveals how Prince Harry asked for permission to marry Meghan
- Saudi football team safe after plane engine catches fire at World Cup
- Apple will automatically share your location when you call 911
- Gamble on England's system brings World Cup reward for bold Gareth Southgate
- Trump signs executive order to establish proposed ‘Space Force’
- Stampede at nightclub in Venezuela kills 17
- Sarah Sanders pushes back on reports of her departure
- NHS to treat gaming addiction
- These faith leaders, Republicans have blasted immigration policy separating families at border
- Rapper XXXTentacion Shot in Miami, No Pulse Reported