In case you missed the initial announcement, YouTube Music is the site's attempt to really properly get into the music streaming business, after a number of previous attempts that didn't really go anywhere. YouTube Music will eventually take the place of the current Google Play Music, but not for a while, and those users will still have access to their purchased music, uploads and playlists. However, you could make it ad-free via a $10/month YouTube Red subscription, which also unlocked a handful of extra features, including offline access, background listening, original video content, and ad-free access to every video on YouTube - not just music. For the first time, YouTube is also detailing that a Family Plan is available for $14.99 in the US and Canada.
Google is revamping its music and paid video plans once again.
Google has finally announced that its recently released YouTube Music streaming service is coming to the UK.
While Google Play Music subscribers in all other countries will automatically receive access to YouTube Music Premium at their current price as it becomes available in their markets. This is the section of Google Play Music where users upload their current music collections to the cloud, ready to stream wherever they want.
Audi CEO Rupert Stadler arrested in diesel emissions scandal
Stadler has held onto his post mainly thanks to the backing of members of VW's controlling Porsche-Piech families. But Dudenhoeffer said VW's supervisory board may want to reconsider its stance when it meets today.
Music videos are included in YouTube Music but it's primarily an audio-only streaming service with "singles, remixes, live performances, covers and hard-to-find music you can only get on YouTube", as well as, "the full album catalogue of The Beatles!" You can find songs by typing in lyrics, even ones that are slightly wrong and misspelled, and this works nearly eerily well. That'll cost you £12 a month, and like Music Premium you can get three months free.
To ditch the ads, you'll have to pay $9.99 or $11.99 for YouTube Premium, which includes YouTube Music. YouTube Premium does include the Music subscription along with all the benefits of that service.
YouTube Premium also nets you access to YouTube Originals - YouTube's own TV series like Cobra Kai, Impulse and F2 Finding Football. It used to be called YouTube Red and was YouTube's ad-free experience.
- Democrats, activists rally against Trump's family separation policy
- Google to invest $550 million in Chinese e-commerce giant
- About 2k minors separated from families
- Awkward moment the Queen lets Meghan Markle get into the auto first
- Awkward moment between Meghan Markle and Queen caught on camera
- Audi Boss Rupert Stadler Arrested During Diesel Probe
- Fernando Alonso wins Le Mans 24 with Toyota
- Zach Johnson Angered By 'Pure Carnage' On The US Open Course
- Germany to refuse migrants from July if no European deal found
- Jeff Sessions discusses Trump administration’s immigration priorities in Fort Wayne