Vice President Mike Pence heads the recently revived space council.
"I'm hereby directing the Department of Defense and Pentagon to immediately begin the process necessary to establish a Space Force as the sixth branch of the armed forces", Trump said.
U.S. President Donald Trump has instructed the Pentagon to establish a "space force" as the sixth branch of the American military.
It's not clear whether or when the Space Force will be created.
"This is a giant step toward inspiring future generations and toward reclaiming America's proud destiny in space", Trump said in a statement announcing the pal, which he had talked about before. "An Air Force and a Space Force". The president mentioned the idea in May during a ceremony at the White House honoring the Army Black Knights college football team.
Theaters warn of strobe lights in 'Incredibles 2' after viewers voice concern
Jackson reprise their voice roles, while Bob Odenkirk, Catherine Keener, and Sophia Bush voice new characters. She states that she "is not calling for a boycott of Incredibles 2 , or to change the movie".
Trump also declared that "there's no place like space".
The president said he wants the new military branch because he didn't want "China and Russian Federation and other countries leading us".
The policy sets up new guidelines for satellite design and operation, as well as tracking the growing amount of clutter in space.
The council's executive secretary, Scott Pace, told reporters before the meeting that space is becoming increasingly congested and current guidelines are inadequate to address the challenge. "What we hope to do is have a more user-friendly approach...we hope to see people get more rapid information on when they can launch, more flexibility on their launch windows going up, [and to] see satellites having to maneuver less often because of potential collision risk".
"The essence of the American character is to explore new horizons and to tame new frontiers", Trump said in his opening remarks.
Trump added: "If the Democrats would sit down and stop obstructing, we could have something quickly". This would increase the number of military branches from five to six.
- How South Korea tricked a Swedish 'spy' in Austria
- Roger Federer claims 98th career title with victory in Stuttgart
- Duchess Meghan Markle & Prince Harry Attend His Cousin's Wedding!
- Sanders says watchdog report 'reaffirmed the President's suspicions' of Comey
- Germany to refuse migrants from July if no European deal found
- Awkward moment between Meghan Markle and Queen caught on camera
- Fernando Alonso wins Le Mans 24 with Toyota
- Audi CEO Rupert Stadler arrested in Germany over diesel scandal
- Google to invest $550 million in Chinese e-commerce giant
- Croatia Coach Explains Nikola Kalinic's Sending Home from World Cup