Nonetheless, the update arrives as IG is playing with the possibility of hour-long videos, as well as a new shopping feature coming to Stories.
Starting this week, you will be able to re-share a post from Stories of your friends.
Back in February, TechCrunch reported that Instagram was testing a feature that would tell people when another person took a screenshot of a story they posted. However, users had mixed reactions to this as some appreciated Instagram for introducing a feature like this, and some disliked it. This is contrary to Snapchat's way of things as the Snap-owned app sends out a notification every time a screenshot is taken on a public or a private story. Instagram confirmed that they were testing a screenshot notification feature with some users, and that reveal didn't make the many folks who were taking those images very happy. This alert notified them someone took a screenshot of their content, and also included the name of the person. There are no records on either its official website or anywhere on the internet to know how many users used it or how many liked/disliked this feature.
Judge sends Trump's ex-campaign chairman Paul Manafort to jail
Manafort has long-standing ties to a pro-Russian political party in Ukraine and a Russian oligarch close to the Kremlin. Since October , Manafort had posted bail for $10 million and was awaiting arraignment in his Alexandria, Virginia home.
If you don't want to go through the hassle of making a new account, there are at least two websites that allow you to view Instagram Stories anonymously. With this change, Instagram is simply making it easier to do so without the extra steps. That said, continue to tread carefully as not all of Instagram is safe for screenshotting.
This feature was clearly a copy from the other mega-social media platform: Snapchat.
What do you think of this decision? How do you feel about the shut down of this feature? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.
- Mickelson swats moving ball with putter
- Sri Lanka captain Dinesh Chandimal charged with ball-tampering
- Italy Threatens to Thwart Landmark EU-Canada Free Trade Deal
- Antarctica ice loss trippled in five years, new study reveals
- McDonald's Ditching Plastic Straws Later This Year in US
- Stranger Things star Millie Bobby Brown breaks her knee cap
- Dems Forced Family Border Breakups With 'Cruel Agenda'
- Iranians take to streets to celebrate 1-0 football win against Morocco
- Heartbreak for Cueva as Poulsen strike gives Denmark victory over Peru
- European Central Bank says euro 'irreversible'