He will pay a fine of 18.8 million euros ($21.8 million) but likely will not head to prison because, under Spanish law, first-time offenders who are sentenced to less than two years may serve their time on probation. The first was a penalty he won himself, his nifty stopover prompting Nacho to dangle a leg over which Ronaldo gleefully fell.
Ronaldo was reportedly offered a whopping new contract at Real Madrid worth £28.5 million-a-year last week after hinting at a desire to leave the Bernabeu following the club's most recent Champions League triumph.
At 33, Ronaldo also became the oldest player to score a hat trick in the World Cup, breaking the record of Dutch forward Rob Rensenbrink, who was almost 31 at the 1978 World Cup.
The Premier League Golden Glove victor failed to save Cristiano Ronaldo's shot from long range moments before half-time on Friday, giving Portugal the ascendency in Sochi. The accusation does not involve his salary from Real Madrid.
Ronaldo is due to play for Portugal later in the day (2am on Saturday, Singapore time) in a World Cup match against Spain.
At the age of 33, Ronaldo has already enjoyed one of the most illustrious careers in football history.
Trump claims he's "solved" the North Korea nuclear threat
Trump said during an interview outside the White House Friday that Kim's power should not be underestimated. Trump later told reporters that his remark about Americans standing to attention was "sarcasm".
"I think we deserved to win", said Diego Costa, who had his best game in five years with Spain.
"Not only Ronaldo but the Portugal squad are very talented".
Spain quickly got into their stride and Costa equalised in the 24th minute as he latched onto a long ball forward by Sergio Busquets, bundled off a challenge from Pepe, slipped around two defenders and slotted his shot past Rui Patricio. "Of course there are moments when things don't go as well but we know what we want, and what we are asking our players and everyone is to see us as a team", Hierro said.
Ronaldo is the fourth player to score in four World Cups, following in the footsteps of Uwe Seeler, Pele and Miroslav Klose.
The Group B match in Sochi is at Fisht Olympic Stadium, the first World Cup game to be played at the venue.
- Ronaldo 3 Spain 3: Cristiano magic stuns Spain in six-goal thriller
- Microsoft To Release Surface Pro 6 In 2019
- Ronaldo reportedly strikes deal on tax fraud case
- Seattle plans to abandon homeless tax following lobbying from Amazon and Starbucks
- Sheriff: 1 Kansas deputy killed, 1 critical in shooting
- Portugal vs Spain : We showed character, pride - Hierro
- Welcome to Test cricket: Afghanistan rolled twice in day by India
- Cristiano Ronaldo accepts two-year suspended prison sentence
- Volkswagen fined over diesel emissions scandal
- Samsung Smartphone Burn a auto ; women escaped, almost