Gazinskiy headed in Golovin's cross to score the first goal of the 2018 event, with Dzagoev's replacement Cheryshev lashing in the second before the interval.
Russian Federation made it 3-0 in the 71st minute when Golovin chipped in a cross for giant striker Dzyuba to rise unchallenged to head in from close range.
Cheryshev hammered in a fourth with the outside of his left in stoppage time and Golovin capped a magnificent performance by bending in a last-gasp free-kick.
The opening goal came soon after, as Saudi Arabia failed to clear a corner and a curling cross in from the left by Golovin picked out an unmarked Gazinsky to head low into the far corner.
Russia's players were significantly taller and heavier than the Saudis, a help when challenging for the ball and when the penalty area was crowded.
And that strike sent fans wild over the former Real Madrid man.
Saudi Arabia has also published images of him chairing meetings in Riyadh, but all of those photos were undated and showed MbS in official settings behind closed doors.
Dzyuba had played only once for Russian Federation since 2016, while Cheryshev and Gazinsky made two appearances in that time.
Resident Evil 2 Remake To Hit Stores January 2019
I constantly heard creaks, crashes and distant undead growls, making even the quietest moments of my demo completely unsettling. Capcom's Yoshiaki Hirabayashi has confirmed that Resident Evil 2 will bring back the original game's Hunk and Tofu modes.
The other two teams in Group A, Egypt and Uruguay, will play on Friday, along with the four teams in Group B - Portugal, Spain, Morocco and Iran.
Cheryshev was a threat throughout and he hit an early contender for goal of the tournament with a brilliant strike that gave helpless Al-Mayoof no chance.
The FIFA World Cup will continue through July 15, with the matches set to take place at 12 stadiums across 11 cities.
Saudi Arabia goalkeeper Abdullah Almuaiouf is beaten by a free kick from Russia's Alexander Golovin in extra-time of their World Cup opener.
The home crowd, starved of any meaningful action for the last two years, were loving it as the red shirts poured forward with only some desperate defending preventing star striker Fyodor Smolov from adding a second.
A matchup of Group A's best sides, Uruguay would be favored under the best of conditions, but with Salah uncertain to play, the Uruguayans should win easily.
Named flag bearers as part of a programme run by Coca-Cola, the girls, aged 13 to 17, were supposed to lead the Saudi national team onto the pitch at Moscow's Luzhniki stadium ahead of their match against Russian Federation.
- Artem Dzyuba scored for Russian Federation just 89 seconds after coming off the bench; the quickest goal by a substitute at a World Cup since Marcin Zewlakow for Poland v U.S. in 2002.
- Idaho child recovering from plague
- Ewan McGregor to star in The Shining sequel Doctor Sleep
- To build high-speed commuter system in Chicago
- Target Apologizes For Father's Day 'Baby Daddy' Cards
- Nintendo talks about Netflix on Switch, loot boxes and more
- North American trio beats Morocco to host 2026 World Cup
- Why Meghan Markle's Royal Wardrobe Is All Neutral Colors
- Rising Kashmir editor Shujaat Bukhari and his PSO shot dead in Srinagar
- Canelo Alvarez Vs. GGG Rematch Date Set After Crazy Day Of Negotiations
- Kim Kardashian meets Alice Marie Johnson for the first time